The mkiv Supra Owners Club

supra sound!

Kirk

Ok this is an oddball, totaly out of the blue topic but anyway... we can all reconise the sound of a 2jz with a big single but strangely enough I've never heard 1 sound like or as nice as the supra in the fast and furious! That thing purs beautifully! I'm just curious as to whether there's a way to replicate that pur?

Posted via Mobile Device

Guest CoolsBlue
Ok this is an oddball, totaly out of the blue topic but anyway... we can all reconise the sound of a 2jz with a big single but strangely enough I've never heard 1 sound like or as nice as the supra in the fast and furious! That thing purs beautifully! I'm just curious as to whether there's a way to replicate that pur?

Posted via Mobile Device

I really like the sound of 1 supra ive seen, on a video with jamieps old red one, doing burnouts, its a silver one, with a veilside front and has the most coolest sound ive ever heard on a supra!! anyone know it while were here?

i was stood at a local jap car meet. first time i went and was just talking to some of the guys and i hear a car coming up the other side of a hedge to the carpark. one of the guys with a scooby goes "sounds nice" so i go "yeah, single supra, probably vaughny" 10 seconds later he turns into the carpark, the guy was like "wtf you freak" lol Very distinctive sound.

Guest CoolsBlue
To be honest I prefer the real sound of a supra to the make-believe one in the film

Ohhh yes!:deven though my supras a na, it has a brill sound, a sound ive never heard come from a car before,

maybe becuase its my own car and ive studied it so much(LAME):search:

I can honestly say that mine is one of the best sounding in the world.

http://www.bilgalleri.dk/html/vid_vis.asp?VideoID=15031

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=rLy4w069bfg

Unfortenately the sound is rather toned down in the 2nd. video.

I am going to miss the sound, very unique and very badass :)

that era is however gone for good, current state of the car is as seen below.. £70K+ has been dropped into the new project, and 1600+ bhp will be comming up late october! :eyebrows:

I think I will let my dear friend Andyhannah set the new european record, and then snap it off his hands a week later :p

http://peecee.dk/uploads/092008/28082008(001).jpg

Andy hannah wont be setting any records with both his and his fathers debt along with the numerous legal cases against them ;)

I don't know anything about that :blink:

I do however know that he's planed for John Reed to fly in from the US to map his gt47-88 car in a few weeks.

I wonder whether the exhaust plays a key roll in this?

Posted via Mobile Device

I think it does. My old Nur Spec R was just a load of noise, that exhaust I had on had a silencer box and back box simular to the stock system, which personally was the best sounding out of all i've owned.