The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Engine screwed need new one.

marc_p

Well after spending a fortune getting the car fixed, the engine is actually screwed.

So who can get me a new one fitted and for what price? (it's an N/A by the way)

I'm not happy, this car has given me nothing put problems, in the last 2 1/2 month's I have had it about 6 days and spent thousands:(

There have been a few on here over the last few months mate which are probably still availabe:) Have a search and post in the wanted section too. Im sure Keron and Jezz can help too:)

I paid £400 I think for mine, maybe more (cant remember now:d) but you can get NA engines for £200:)

Just to add Mark, its a pretty simple swap realitively speaking:) Me and my girlfriends bro did mine in about 3 nights after work and that was a dead tough job as the engine was ceased, the conrod stuck through the block and we had a hell of a jod to free up the crank. If it wasn't for that it would have been done much quicker. Thor quoted me around £600 (I think, again I forget exactly) to do it;)

Between 2.5 and 3k all in I think mate. Speak to Jezz and Keron:)

i just paid 3.2k for a stock n/a-tt conversation and a new clutch(rps streetwise) with out the clutch it was 2.5k that was from jezz at QSD

(i think, sure jezz will confirm all the above),

by the way do it you know you want to :cool:

Gutted for you Marc. :( What caused such a dramatic failure? The engines are supposed to be bullet proof. They are over engineered to silly amounts. :search:

The flywheel managed to rattle itself loose:blink: and then got mashed in the crank, but it's ok Keron can supply and fit an engine for me quite cheap so all is well, I just need to buy another civic for a runaround.