PDA

View Full Version : Steering wheels

Homer
17-01-04, 20:43
Just taken delivery of my first Supra (black TT 6spd), courtesy of Paul E :D

Its got a small Oz wheel on right now which I'm looking to replace with the standard one (turning takes far too much effort with the Oz!!).

Is a non-airbag wheel from a N/A going to fit okay? Is it a straightforward swap?

Cheers

dude
17-01-04, 22:11
Loid , if you dont like the wheel i can swap it for a non air bag one !!!

Dude

Homer
17-01-04, 23:21
Dude, I'd like to buy a normal wheel outright so I can see what I prefer. The Oz wheel is quick on response, but is hard work on the motoway.

I'm still not sure if a N/A one will work on a TT though ?

Marco
17-01-04, 23:30
How much smaller is your OZ steeringwheel compared to the standard one?

Rob
17-01-04, 23:40
No, the N/A wheel can't handle the power output of the TT, plus it has a smaller diameter thickness "around the rim"

as the N/A is more suited to woman, gays and mentals.

Homer
17-01-04, 23:48
I'm not sure about the standard one but the Oz is 13.5 inches (34.5 cm) in diameter. From vids and pics it seems a lot smaller than stockÖ

Homer
18-01-04, 00:00
Rob, Iím new to the supra scene (i.e. today!!), I was just thinking electronics wise and was not sure if the N/A wheel with cruise will plug directly into that of a TT. I did a search but couldn't find a thread with this info so thought I'd ask the experts!!

So, is it possible to fit a N/A wheel to a TT with no complications?

Cheers

Steve Cargill
18-01-04, 10:25
I'm about to swap steering wheels and will have a tatty stock wheel shortly that you could try. Give me a week or two.

dude
18-01-04, 10:28
Loid you dont want a cruise wheel , i have a stock wheel you can swap but i think you will find they are the same size , i dont see how a steering wheel can be hard work on a M.way !!!!!!!

Dude:flame Dev

Rob
18-01-04, 15:21
I wasn't taking the p155 out of you, I was playing up to the image of the N/A supra being so slow, as an N/A driver myself.

I wasn't actually aware that the N/A came with cruise, so you've taught me something there.

I don't know the answer, you need Pete Betts along here.

Welcome anyway.:)

gaz1
13-03-10, 20:41
Well does it fit:sly:

Scott
13-03-10, 20:44
Loid?

RobSheffield
13-03-10, 20:45
Loid?

Haha, i thought that, but then i can see a maybe reason :p

From the days when Homer was a newb?

Pixelfill
13-03-10, 20:48
Homer's first day - awww how cute.

Mike

Swampy442
13-03-10, 21:41
A 6 year thread resurection? Is that some sort of record??

Homer
13-03-10, 22:04
Well this is an old one!

Loid?

That was my original username, don't ask :D

Homer's first day - awww how cute.

It was indeed :D My first ever post here or on any forum, I wasn't even sure what they were back then!

SimonT
13-03-10, 22:07
It was indeed :D My first ever post here or on any forum, I wasn't even sure what they were back then!

You didnt know what a steering wheel was :p

I cant even remember my first post and it was only a few years ago! :)

Lbm
13-03-10, 22:11
No, the N/A wheel can't handle the power output of the TT, plus it has a smaller diameter thickness "around the rim"

as the N/A is more suited to woman, gays and mentals.

I'm seeing an additional sig possiblity here...:D