The mkiv Supra Owners Club

jacking the car up to put on Axle Stands

Firestorm

hey guys,

okay i tried to jack the car up to put on my new axle stands however this is turning out to be..well impossible. My Supe is already lowered anyway, so using the jacking points provided in the manual/ from on here- i just can't turn the jack, tried using a trolley jack(with piece of wood on top) but that didnt do it.. so now im a bit stuck to what i can use to put the car on the stands. i bout some 6tone ones from machine part as they can raise pretty high- was this a mistake. any ideas how i can actually get the car up?

cheers

Pete

Drive up onto something* then you can get a trolley jack underneath it. Make sure you know where you can/can't jack though, else you'll risk breaking wherever you jack if it's not load bearing.

* = I made some wooden ramps by layering shorter & shorter peices of wood on top of each other and screwing them together - that gets the front of the car 5~6" off the ground and I can proceed from there no issues. :)

I have the same problem with my lowered j spec. I`ve found that I can jack the front by sliding a trolley jack in just behind the front wheel and lifting up on the lower wishbone pivot. You may need someone to gently lift the wing for better access, hope this helps:)

yeh could try that, i havent got my front spoiler on, it is a bit tricky isnt it.. need to get this done ASAP cos ive now got a time limit has to be done by end of the month cos of the track day with Steve R.