The mkiv Supra Owners Club

*** Post JAE 2008 discussions thread ***

Pixelfill

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many many thanks to Probrox for the lift to and from JAE this year. Believe it or not it is possible to get 3 people in a Supra and all their camping equipment. :)

I thought the organisation of the club stand was excellent. I realise there were issues but as a member I felt well looked after. The food was great, big thanks to all those involved in that.

Edited by UltraFlynn (see edit history)

Just back, had a nice shower and put after sun on, I am red like a beetroot and my panda eyes are very fetching.

Cheers Damon and co was better than I was expecting and the weather was fantastic. Hope you get who screwed up with the food and drink, top job.

PS That DJ was sh!te, never book that kinda garbage again.

so what was the venue like and how was the general organisation? Were there many clubs there? Did high tide turn it in to an island in the end?

Be interesting to hear peoples views as it would have some bearing on our choices next year.

JB

:yeahthat: Couldn't make it this year unfortunately, but would like to next year :)

so what was the venue like and how was the general organisation? Were there many clubs there? Did high tide turn it in to an island in the end?

Be interesting to hear peoples views as it would have some bearing on our choices next year.

JB

The venue was ok, not as big as Peterborough. The patch was small however the guys there organised the cars and there was no parking issues.

Organising was spot on the only issue was the mess up with the food and drink not being there on the Friday night. Damon got it sorted though :thumbs:

They were closing off the road @ 12:30 for high tide but the queue of traffic was massive to get out and I crossed over the bridge at 12:50 and still open and no JAE/Mersea Island reps present to possible close it, and the sea was still about 1 meter from covering the road (downwards).

There was quite a few car clubs there, suprisingly the Primera OC was very busy.

Fireworks display was good as well.

Had a really great time, couldn't of asked for better weather. Was nice to meet and have a few beers with everyone. Food was awesome great value and very well organised so big thank you also a big thanks to the guys at Sumo Power.

Hope to see you all again next year. :D:D

The venue was ok, not as big as Peterborough. The patch was small however the guys there organised the cars and there was no parking issues.

Organising was spot on the only issue was the mess up with the food and drink not being there on the Friday night. Damon got it sorted though :thumbs:

They were closing off the road @ 12:30 for high tide but the queue of traffic was massive to get out and I crossed over the bridge at 12:50 and still open and no JAE/Mersea Island reps present to possible close it, and the sea was still about 1 meter from covering the road (downwards).

There was quite a few car clubs there, suprisingly the Primera OC was very busy.

Fireworks display was good as well.

That sounds ok:) it was the traffic build up and the dodgy sounding route that was one of the reasons I didn't go but that sounded ok so no worries for next year then:)

I couldn't help but feel sorry for Daman, it was his first year at organising JAE and from what I could see he didn't have that much help from the Mods or other events organisers. I was really surprised to find that during the weekend not a single moderator attended to provide support to Daman, or celebrate JAE with the members of MKIV.

A few things went wrong which took the edge off = despite the the very best efforts of Daman, namely:

- Some how we ended up on the wrong pitch, and a space allocation which was approximately half the size of last years. Had it not been the fact that we were able to pitch our tents in a play area at the rear of the site, I think it would be fair to say that we would really have been struggling to accommodate 30 cars plus tents. Although I do think that there were a few upset children around as a result of us using their space.

- Then there was the problems with the food and drink. I have no idea what happened in this area, but Daman had to reach into his own pocket in order to purchase supplies for the club, and quite alot of money I believe. Something which personally I think is out of order, but also thank him for making such a gesture.

With respect to the DJ on Saturday night - well I think it would be best to that in future it maybe better to have a "whole round" DJ who can cater for all age groups and tastes.

As a member of the club I was very disappointed that no moderators where around over the weekend, after all there really are only 2 national events for the club each year, JAE and Suprapod. JAE is the one where the MKIV has the public appearance and acts as a good vehicle for recruitment of new members.

As a member I would like to ask why Daman was left to handle the event by himself, I cannot believe that the distance to the event should have been a factor given that some members travelled hundreds of miles, and I understand that quite a few of the moderators live nearby.

Finally I would like to give Daman my heartheld thanks for doing a good job under difficult circumstances.

I will put up a proper reply to this thread once ive had some sleep but thank you to everyone who helped out me and Daman seriously did try our best with what little we had.

I have to say a big thank you to scrane (steve) and his wife(Diane) without them we would have had even more problems they where absolutely great! :)

I will put up a proper reply to this thread once ive had some sleep but thank you to everyone who helped out me and Daman seriously did try our best with what little we had.

I have to say a big thank you to scrane (steve) and his wife(Diane) without them we would have had even more problems they where absolutely great! :)

I don't think anyone would argue with that ;)

so what was the venue like and how was the general organisation?

Daman and Dibbley did an absolutely fantastic job, well done boys! Glad you booked the weather too!

There were a number of problems they had to cope with (and did, exceedingly well, and without any support) that were beyond their control. The biggest problem was them being let down by "one person in particular" who potentially could have screwed up the whole weekend had it not been for their hard work, and that of Steve and Diane. I don’t think I saw any of them in one place for more than 2 minutes (unless they were tied to the bar/BBQ) – the poor buggers never stopped! Ian’s curry/chilli was spectacular as always (thanks Ian)!

Were there many clubs there?
Didn’t seem to be so many clubs as Peterborough, but the site was a lot smaller so hard to tell.

Did high tide turn it in to an island in the end?

Not sure if the tides turned it into an island... but the organisers shutting the gates for two hours certainly did!

What 'choices' are you talking about here?

John (JAE organiser) said JAE will be at the same venue next year, and there may be an additional JAE in the North!