The mkiv Supra Owners Club

DOH!!! flat tyre

supra steveo

drove from Newcastle to suffolk tonight, and on getting home i found that i had a flat tyre so ive stuck an old 16" in for now :( on looking at the tyre ive found a nail the tyres are Toyo T1R`s and i think ive drove half the way home as when the auto box was changing down i was getting a sharp tug to the right but thought nothing of it, the tyre looks ok really but how much do these things cost to put right? or is it a new tyre ? the tyre is near new anyway so i dont really want to bin it yet :(

I have had neat nail holes repaired successfully in the tread for 15 notes. If it is ragged/slash like then there is less likelihood it can be repaired and you will be shelling out :( - last one was a 15mm ragged gash on the offside rear wheel on the inner side wall about 25mm up the side... really unlucky random debris damage! Sides = death, neat tread facing damage seems to repairable for the mean time (depends on how deep your pockets and paranoid you are - but I was assured the fix would be fine when I had mine done).

If it was flat for several miles, you'll have damaged the inner walls. You should get it replaced. If you take it for repair, when they pop the tyre off look if there is little fragments of rubber inside, if there are none, then maybe its ok, but I'd not drive it again if it were mine.

Ideally, replace both sides at once, but if the tyres are very new, you can get away with it.

Other than that it'll be fine at slow speeds, say below 50. Obviously if you stick with it and it comes apart during a spirited drive, you can view it as a new set of challenges and skills to be learnt.

Looks like a new tyre needed unfortunatly mate. Also, as far as track days go they will be put under a lot of stress so not sure it's advisable to use them for it, could blow out at 150+ and that won't be fun!