The mkiv Supra Owners Club

bpu to single

Lurch

Homer totted it all up somewhere, annoyingly I couldn't find the thread/post when I tried a few weeks ago.

IIRC the short answer was to do it properly and not cut corners that you really, really shouldn't cut, about £8k minimum, if you do almost all the work yourself, including the refund you'd get by flogging the saleable TT bits you no longer needed.

Wow that was a quick reply. Cheers. 8k. Wow. Would that be around the 500bhp mark I'm guessing. I'm probably better off buying one all ready done then really. 'Homer' is a link my end. Saying that might be quite fun to do it myself. Hmmm

Wow that was a quick reply. Cheers. 8k. Wow. Would that be around the 500bhp mark I'm guessing. I'm probably better off buying one all ready done then really. 'Homer' is a link my end. Saying that might be quite fun to do it myself. Hmmm

I depends what spec you've got and what you want ultimately

Have you already got a front mount, for example. How about fuel pump, injectors, rail - are you UK spec or Jap? I guess it'd be possible to go small single turbo on UK fuelling? I'll let an expert correct me! :D

Then with big power & big speed come the need for GOOD brakes, of course. Also how good is your radiator? Air intake will all need altering if you go much above BPU power levels... the list goes on.

One of the biggest expenses is the ECU & mapping, of course.

Get stuck it and do it yourself mate!

I personally wouldnt but if you have the no how get it done!

I will own a Singled Supra one day!

Hello, Does anyone have an idea how much it would cost to go single from bpu supra? What would you need?

Radiator

Front mount

Injectors

Pumps

Ecu

single convertion kit?

Just a few things off the top of my head.

Single kit

Intercooler

BOV & flange

Injectors

Fuel pump

ECU + mapping

Boost controller

Gauges - Boost, EGT, Fuel pressure, AFR, etc.

Spark plugs

Oil cooler

Clutch or transmission cooler if auto

Breather kit

Cams & cam pulleys

Fluids & filter

Well, I haven't got a supra yet. I'm trying to sell the 200 and trying to decide what supra to buy. Don't know whether to buy an all ready single'd auto and convert to manual as there are a few cheap auto singles about, or try and stretch to an all ready singled manual or buy a bpu sup and do the single conversion myself. The cheaper option strangely enough seems to be going for the auto and getting it converted, but seems to be alot of hassle.

Just a few things off the top of my head.

Single kit

Intercooler

BOV & flange

Injectors

Fuel pump

ECU + mapping

Boost controller

Gauges - Boost, EGT, Fuel pressure, AFR, etc.

Spark plugs

Oil cooler

Clutch or transmission cooler if auto

Breather kit

Cams & cam pulleys

Fluids & filter

Any idea what that lot would total? I'm guessin around 8k like steve said

Well, I haven't got a supra yet. I'm trying to sell the 200 and trying to decide what supra to buy. Don't know whether to buy an all ready single'd auto and convert to manual as there are a few cheap auto singles about, or try and stretch to an all ready singled manual or buy a bpu sup and do the single conversion myself. The cheaper option strangely enough seems to be going for the auto and getting it converted, but seems to be alot of hassle.

I personally would buy one already done if I were you, speed costs money which ever way you look at it. From scratch on a stock car I would be looking at a clear 10k to throw at the car and not cutting corners, and this figure is likely to increase as time goes on and parts wear out quicker as they undoubtedly will. I would say 90% of people start out on the single quest and find they spend a fair bit more than first intended.

Have a word with gaz1, toquicktostop, homer, tliscense for a cost breakdowns

> and also Nic ;)

Edited by mikeyb10supra (see edit history)

Any idea what that lot would total? I'm guessin around 8k like steve said

I'd budget at least £8k for the full install, but expect to pay more.

If you want prices for parts drop me an email to the address in my sig below and I'll forward you a price list.

if you put it into perspective though; you'd get a fairly tidy bpu supra for about £7000. if you go for the phr street kit you'll be saving a few quid also, add on the other supporting mods and you'll be looking at about £5000 for decent parts (depending on what stage the car is at on purchase). if youre looking at doing the fitting yourself, you'll save a packet in labour cost; the only other thing is to get your ecu mapped, which shouldnt cost the world seeing as a small turbo can be run on a piggyback. so youll be looking at around £13-14000 (obviously a rough estimation with the assumption that you'll be doing the majority of the work yourself) for a car that will probably push out a driveable 550bhp. added bonus to this being that you'll have the satisfaction of building your own monster. the downside to buying one thats already been converted being; you wont know exactly what has been done to the car unless it has been well documented and all receipts have been kept, and you dont know how much abuse the turbo has given the engine. you wouldnt want to buy a lemon

Sorry to hijack but how much roughly would it be for me to go single, im thinking either PHR Street or 1.

I already have a Big break set up, Walbro fuel pump, 3 row FMIC, i need to get an new ecu and mapping anyway, Got a bov, im fully bpu so was just curious as im contemplating it but not to sure on full price.

Thanks everyone after looking at jamies project and how much it cost I think I'll buy one all ready done. Gaz I LOVE your one its gorgeous but cant quite stretch that far unless I come in to some money, you never know I've got 8 lottery tickets for this week.