The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rear UK Brake Upgrade

nikbiomed

After having such a fantastic result on my fronts Brakes I thought I would have a go at the rears this afternoon. I have to say they were a piece of cake. The only trouble I had was with the Brake pipe connection on the one side. Had to get some of the old WD out to soak it for a while.

I got the discs from ebay on a bidding auction at a great finishing price and I have to say they are much better quality than the fronts I put on at 3x the price. The cutting of the Dust Shield can be seen in before and after pics, and as you can see I managed to keep most of the shield intact, but for a small cut out to allow the caliper to fit. Had to get the blinking Angle Grinder out for the Fronts as their was a fair bit more to remove and it could not be done with tin snips.

Anyway take a look at the pics, thought it might be inspirational to those thinking of doing it but were not too sure.

Brake Pipe Prep.jpg

Rear Disc Removal2.jpg

Rear Dust Sheild before.jpg

Rear Dust Sheild After.jpg

New Rear Setup2.jpg

Completed Rear.jpg

Thanks bud. Exactly why I posted this, as I am sure a lot of people have put this off some reason and another. Was a little sceptical when I first started the fronts cos they are brakes after all and if they don't work, well you know the rest. But its gone really well and in total has taken me around 5hrs for both front and back sets. Not bad for the first time upgrader.