The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Drager versus NUR spec

Darren

I know this board is very 'pro' NUR spec so am prepared for some stick for this post...:p

When I got my car I bought a Drager the decatted etc it sounded amazing loud enough to set car alarms off but inoffensive on the road. Well as the NUR had a straighter run and purported better performance and rave reviews on here I invested in one.

Heres the rub!

I love the fact that its stainless steal

But

I prefer the look of the Drager from the rear of the car.

AND

My NUR is bl@@dy NOISEY. Drowns out my loud stereo @ 80mph on the motorway and any other time I'm giving just alittle bit of throttle!!! :mad: My journey to work contains about 100 miles of motorway and its giving me a headache :devil:

Is it just my mods?? Or am I just getting old and sad?:) How do you guys find yours?:confused:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Supragal

I pikeyed a lift off Faye to one of the meets and hers was silly loud, I know what you're saying though, I think I'm gonna stick to a decat and my apexi for now... it really would give you a headache driving it every day!

I drive mine everyday, and just love it. If I rag it briefly and then ease off, just resting the old heavy foot on the peddle, I get that lovely popping sound. That certainly gets attention from the young 'uns!!

:thumbs: Best buy so far IMHO:thumbs:

Ben..

Originally posted by Seb

Is the Hiper even louder than that? Just curious, as at some stage I might make a change from my Dragger.

Seb

Not sure that its any louder, but it certainly doesn't seem to drone as much as the Nur. But then the Nur is undoubtedly better quality.

Darren, I know exactly what you're saying. I had the Hiper on my old car and I loved it. It never droned, but was loud.

Now I've got the Nur Spec, and find myself with the baffle in most of the time...

I did debate changing back to the Hiper a while back, but it seemed a daft thing to do as the Nur is s/steel, and has the ability to suit both my loud and quiter moods:conf:

i have a nur spec and love it had it over 2 years

no cats and cams and nur spec is great through tunnels. if you on WOT then lift off and rest foot gentle you get the nice popping. must say with the baffle in you do notice its a lot quieter just a bit louder than stock exhaust seems sluggish too. one of reasons i got the blitz nur spec was because it was stainless steel. i had a super drager on my mitsubishi gto. wanted to try something different so got the blitz.

have fun

will love it when i get a chance to drive my supra again, have got used to the astra 1.4 power now

well hmm has anyone got the Apexi'GT?? :rolleyes:

Apparently on the suprastore.com they say ...

"On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the loudest exhaust and 1 being the factory exhaust sound, the APEXi GT Spec comes in at around a 7." :conf:

Will that be louder or loud as the Blitz?

my 2p n strictly IMHO - i wouldn't change my hiper for a nur due to 2 reasons - the drone effect which i have found can be very irritating and also i find the sound made by the hiper to be harder edged whereas the nur is deeper/growlier but not as raspy ... of couse the nur looks good and is made from s/s which is of better quality but i guess it is upto individual people ... :)

i think the NUR is the definite car park king in that it has a louder throaty idle and 'Blip' sound than the Drager. It seems that with the Drager the actual driver (HISUPE!) doesn't feel its very loud even though from my experience of motorway drive bys it is.

Neil i think you need to hear your car from a different perspective, you need someone to do a couple of drive bys for you......you know, someone quite sensible.......someone you could trust.......:innocent:

This is where I get confused, as when I was up at Leon's not long ago, he'd just fitted something to his car, and wanted to make sure it was running ok. I saw he had a Nur, and was anticipating the loudness, but it was surprisingly quiet as he did a drive around the car park. Sure, he wasn't gunning it, but on a fast idle standing next to a Dragger makes your feet vibrate. Not doubting it mind, just curious about that one time.

Seb

Originally posted by Scooter

i think the NUR is the definite car park king in that it has a louder throaty idle and 'Blip' sound than the Drager. It seems that with the Drager the actual driver (HISUPE!) doesn't feel its very loud even though from my experience of motorway drive bys it is.

Neil i think you need to hear your car from a different perspective, you need someone to do a couple of drive bys for you......you know, someone quite sensible.......someone you could trust.......:innocent:

I guess and I've thought too about what you say mate. Its true you don't really know from a drivers point of view!

LMAO @ someone sensible. That rules out everyone from this board then :p :blink: :moo: :D

I think I could well be needing those drive bys though!