The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Removing Baffle

Scott

How is it scotster my missus is getting me one for xmas

No idea yet buddy but i'll tell you, it looks the bloody part :D

Pliers to pull it out? Thats how I got mine out.

Not got anything i can grab onto unfortunately.

put it on a rev her up lol , thats how we got my pals out .

Best reply yet hehehehehe. If all else fails i'm guessing that will be my last hope.

haha, the old stuck RSR baffle never fails to cause problems :D

Is this an exhuast where the baffles not been out before? Everyone thats had one of these has had trouble getting it out the first time, they are VERY firmly wedged in.

The only real way of doing it is to remove the back box, push a large block of wood down it from the other end and bash it out with a mallet. Most have had to then grind the edges of the baffle down a little to get it to go back in easily again.

haha, the old stuck RSR baffle never fails to cause problems :D

Is this an exhuast where the baffles not been out before? Everyone thats had one of these has had trouble getting it out the first time, they are VERY firmly wedged in.

The only real way of doing it is to remove the back box, push a large block of wood down it from the other end and bash it out with a mallet. Most have had to then grind the edges of the baffle down a little to get it to go back in easily again.

Oh goody, no idea if its been out before as i bought it from knightrider.

I'm thinking about pliars that i could use in reverse to grip the small bore. If all else fails though i'll just take it to bits. Good job it aint on the car i guess.

If it's never been out before then the pliers will not work, it need a LOT of force to remove. However if it's from Stuart's car it has definetly been removed, so you might be okay. You won't damage it with pliers, the baffle is extremely stong on the RSR.

I test fitted mine before installing all the way and realised it was a bit small so ground it down slightly. Obviously not enough as the first time it still stuck, but I managed to pull it out by jamming a big hammer handle into it and wiggling it out...