The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ryan.G remap

Axle

Just wanna say thanks to Ryan.G for extracting 432 BHP from my BPU supra, with the help of the Emanage Ultimate.

Anyone thinking of having Ryan do a remap, his a top bloke and abit of a perfectionist who will make sure the job is done properly.

Nice one mate, thanks again.

Must be larger injectors for a start. The stock j-spec ones can't flow enough to make more than 415-420 Flywhell BHP.

I agree with the theory Jake, but saw a very slightly different on the dyno.

I had numerous runs at SRR over a period of 3 years which showed 418-428bhp at the flywheel (359rwhp at the highest reading).

The AFR's were good at WOT, but pretty close to det during spool under high load. It survived 36k miles like this, most of which the car was driven hard.

Most of runs were done in the summer and of course there is an error factor in there. In summary, 430bhp unless on an aftermarket ECU is impossible. The fact this was an EMU means that the top end can be leaned out more so if this is a SRR result I believe it.

Its full BPU, plus Greddy uprated SMIC Intercooler purchased from Nic.

Its also has UK cams, but thats about it. No larger injectors as far as i know.

Indeed Homer was at Surrey Rolling Road.

Ryan did say the engine seems is very good condition. Bare in mind it has just hit 40k.

I think that was at 1.1 Bar too. :)

I agree with the theory Jake, but saw a very slight different on the dyno.

I had numerous runs at SRR over a period of 3 years which showed 418-428bhp at the flywheel (359rwhp at the highest reading).

Sorry but I don't believe it - not at stock fuel pressure anyway. Unless you're somehow running 440cc injectors at more than 100% duty cycle it just doesn't add up.

Besides which, doesn't Mr Axle have an Auto? Are SRR now quoting Flywheel figures for autos? I thought Charlie refused to speculate on Flywheel figures on autos because it was impossible to calcualte, no?

Sorry but I don't believe it - not at stock fuel pressure anyway. Unless you're somehow running 440cc injectors at more than 100% duty cycle it just doesn't add up.

Besides which, doesn't Mr Axle have an Auto? Are SRR now quoting Flywheel figures for autos? I thought Charlie refused to speculate on Flywheel figures on autos because it was impossible to calcualte, no?

Fair point, I was running a fair bit more than stock fuel pressure (42psi at static)

Last I heard Charlie had worked out a way to figure out the drag on the auto's.

Didn't realise it was an auto, there's always going to be an error factor with those, no matter what the RR says.

So you think i am being lied to regarding my RR result?

Well regardless, i can feel the difference through the rev range from before she was remapped so i am pleased.

Situations like this is why I love not having my own dyno as when a car produces figures that are higher than others have seen in the past people always start to speculate that some fiddling has been done like other tuning houses practice.

Let I remind everyone that Surrey rolling road is an independent dyno and although I do mostly all my mapping from there, Charlie always takes pride to make sure no car leaves with any pub shouting charts. Even if owners offer to pay him extra (has happened)

440cc injectors at 100% duty on stock pressure IMO can flow enough up to around 440bhp on a healthy 2jzgte but I for one wouldn’t want to leave them running 100% duty all the time (even though every bpu car does at over 1bar)

Axle’s duty cycle was around 92-93%. Now I know this is higher than the 86% that I like to stay too on aftermarket injectors but the stock denso units all run 100% duty at BPU and to be fair how often do you hear of Bpu cars going under.

Even if some people think the flywheel figure is say a couple of Bhp out it still put down something like 364rwhp.

There have been others that have produced more on stock injector at SRR aswell as said above but these were running seriously lean!

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=155014&highlight=bpu+srr&page=3

End of the day a dyno is a tool for mapping. The car goes seriously well on the road and that’s what counts

Ryan

end of the day its how the car drives after paying for a mapping session, and as you've said, you can 'feel' the difference. You could be told you have xxx bhp, its really irrelevant. The car is for driving not having a sticker in the window saying how much horsepower it has.

Well done Ryan and SRR

end of the day its how the car drives after paying for a mapping session, and as you've said, you can 'feel' the difference. You could be told you have xxx bhp, its really irrelevant. The car is for driving not having a sticker in the window saying how much horsepower it has.

Well done Ryan and SRR

Agreed, the HP figure on the RR goes out the window when its on open road anyway with lower ambient air temps(well in Britain anyway)

But I can also see were Jake is coming from with the idc, 440's@430bhp just dont add up

Just to add, regardless, a well setup piggyback would make the difference over any bpu sup topend, all oem ecu's run far too rich there are pretty big margains to be had here - should make for a pretty fast car!

Do you have an estimate of how much extra power you got after fitting the EMU?

After fitting the Emanage on mine tehre was a very noticeable improvement in power, although I had a few other things done at the same time, so it was difficult to quantify how much was just down to the Emanage/mapping.

Agreed, the HP figure on the RR goes out the window when its on open road anyway with lower ambient air temps(well in Britain anyway)

But I can also see were Jake is coming from with the idc, 440's@430bhp just dont add up

Just to add, regardless, a well setup piggyback would make the difference over any bpu sup topend, all oem ecu's run far too rich there are pretty big margains to be had here - should make for a pretty fast car!

I agree with Jake too mate. But sadly am not going to pretend i fully understand the laws of injector duty cycle etc :)

The guy has benefited from the work though and should definetly be happy

Anyway who cares, lets just all appreciate the good ones and enjoy our cars!;)

On a side note, would fitting larger injectors give any benefit? Or would it be more of a reliability peace of mind?

I was told it would be better for the engine in the long term, and would be better for peace of mind to fit larger injector's. I fitted 550's when I had my cam's and EMU fitted, the 550's are not as close to their max duty as the 440's so you have more of a safety margin, (that's at 1.2 bar). You'll need a resistor pack if you go down the 550 route, and a tweak to the map.

Edited by stupra
wording (see edit history)

Anyway who cares, lets just all appreciate the good ones and enjoy our cars!
Absolutely. :thumbs:

Just to be clear; I wasn't slagging off your car, or SRR's dyno - just questioning a HP figure that, to my (possibly flawed) understanding is higher than could be achieved with stock injectors/FPR.

No big deal.

:grouphug: