The mkiv Supra Owners Club

engine managment false statement?

L33

my friend is looking to get a na auto, but the bloke is telling him that the engine managment light keeps coming on at 4k revs but is saying thats because it has been derestricted and is apparently a common problem with supras.

now my na and tt were derestricted and this never happened so i dont think its tru but does any one know what it could be?

cheers

my friend is looking to get a na auto, but the bloke is telling him that the engine managment light keeps coming on at 4k revs but is saying thats because it has been derestricted and is apparently a common problem with supras.

now my na and tt were derestricted and this never happened so i dont think its tru but does any one know what it could be?

cheers

It's probably that it's been decatted, and the warning light is the ECU wondering what the hell reading it's getting from the CAT temp sensor, seen it before on Supe's (and other cars) after a decat

cheers

There's another member here with the same problem mate.

Just the red triangle coming on is it?

this is what the bloke said.......

Due to the car being de-limited, the engine warning light illuminates at 4000rpm. I have been assured by other Mk4 Supra owners that this is common if the Limiter has been removed. I have had 120mph out of her so I know that it is de-limited. (Should be 112mph with the limiter fitted

not been decatted, my tt is decatted and no engine light!

i assume its the red triangle, he is just sayin engine warning light, and how its a common problem which i know it aint

Red triangle is most likely brake fluid needs topping up, it has to be "just" the right level. I think you need to find out exactly which light is coming on though (colour & symbol)

this is what the bloke said.......

Due to the car being de-limited, the engine warning light illuminates at 4000rpm. I have been assured by other Mk4 Supra owners that this is common if the Limiter has been removed. I have had 120mph out of her so I know that it is de-limited. (Should be 112mph with the limiter fitted

The speedo is not very accurate. 120-125 on the speedo is normally where the 112mph limiter cuts in.

It's probably that it's been decatted, and the warning light is the ECU wondering what the hell reading it's getting from the CAT temp sensor, seen it before on Supe's (and other cars) after a decat

:yeahthat:

My NA is double decatted and the engine mgt light comes on in the cluster at the side (where the oil lamps are), as well as the main caution light in the centre.

Usually about the 4k revs point....

Apologies for the hijack, but anyone got any ideas how to sort that?

:yeahthat:

My NA is double decatted and the engine mgt light comes on in the cluster at the side (where the oil lamps are), as well as the main caution light in the centre.

Usually about the 4k revs point....

Apologies for the hijack, but anyone got any ideas how to sort that?

I'm no expert on this, but if that is the reason then I'm sure it's something to do with what is done with the sensor after the decat, don't you have to just tie them up or something????

Oh yeah and check for fault codes :D

I'm no expert on this, but if that is the reason then I'm sure it's something to do with what is done with the sensor after the decat, don't you have to just tie them up or something????

Oh yeah and check for fault codes :D

Im with you Jev, its got 2 o2 probes for a reason, if you simply remove one and the ECU is looking for it, then its gonna flag up a problem. Im guessing that after 4k on full throttle the ECU references both probes to give accurate fuelling, it only gets one input so doesnt like it.