The mkiv Supra Owners Club

new supra owner

Guest eugene_rzs

Guest eugene_rzs

hi everyone my name is eugene i have recently bought a toyota supra after years of dreaming about it. i am living n ireland i spoted the car on a dealer website he was in the uk in bradford the car is a 98rzs manual i paid for the car went over to fishguard dock drove it home and when i went to start the car next morning the engine revved out the the rev limit and out of every ten tries it revs out at least four , it has a blitz racing ecu,i just wondered if anyone could shed a little light on ths problem for me also white smoke smelling strongly of petrol bellows from the exaust could anyone please enlighten me

Do you know anyone else with a Supra of the same age? Might be worth swapping out the ECU you have for a standard one to see what happens.

Does the car have any other modifications?

Sounds like it could have been modded but stripped for parts while still thinking it has big injectors perhaps? Might be worth posting in the tech section for help with the issues.

Was it from Keighley Trade Centre?

I think the problem was you bought it from a place in Bradford, some dodgy dealers round that way, just do a search on here. I hope for your sake it wasn't from one of those cowboys, who did you buy it from? Doesn't sound good though, did you test drive the car first?