The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Getting Jiggy with it

mashhead

Well got some more bad news today.

It turns out that the front end damage on my supra warrants some jig action.

Its curretnly at milways, and needs to be dropped over to BP rolls round the corner for the jig work.

they are charging me £200 just to get the car on the jig? anyone got an idea as to wheather this is standard practice for the charges?

I got one of my supras jigged as I bought a lemon. I got mine done off the books and it still costed me iirc £750. It is a very exspensive thing to get done.

well under £1000 i can deal with, (just about)

if the jig works gets into the £1000's though its going to be a whole different story.

If it just needs a slight pull then you may only get a bill of £5-600, if it needs quite a bit of pulling then expect it to be a big (very) bill. It is not just a case of putting it on the jigg and pulling it, it has to come back off then settle and then put back onto the jigg and possible another pull.

My Supra did not line up to any points so it was way out, but as I said mines was done off the books and I gave them a couple of weeks to do it.

If it just needs a slight pull then you may only get a bill of £5-600, if it needs quite a bit of pulling then expect it to be a big (very) bill. It is not just a case of putting it on the jigg and pulling it, it has to come back off then settle and then put back onto the jigg and possible another pull.

My Supra did not line up to any points so it was way out, but as I said mines was done off the books and I gave them a couple of weeks to do it.

was yours accident damaged then?

im pretty sure that it should be too much pulling as it is fairly localised in one area...i hope

Yeah it was an accident damage although I did not buy it as that and was not advertised as being in an accident. However I bought it and never done my homework so I got burnt.

It had a corner to corner shunt so it was twisted quite badly, body kit done a good job of hiding it and some bodge repairs made it look straight.

Well,

The car has had to go over to BP Rolls in Andover, and they got it on the jig this afternoon.

Looks like its out by 1 & 3/4's of an inch on one side, on the drivers side chassis leg, to the engine mount. So could cost quite alot. I think i have no choice but to get it done as I want the car perfect when it goes back to millways so they can do thier magic..

oh my....this is turning out to be a VERY expensive car now....