The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What alloys are on that Whiffbitz car?

dani_r

Guest Budz86

I have just bought a set of 18" Rota GTR's from Paul at Whifbitz. They do fit nicely and don't really rub unless you hit a bump too quick. I got my arches rolled anyway as it was only £80 from Arch Enemy. They will be different as the rear's are deep-dish. They look sweet though!

If i stick to something like 18's then that should be ok? or should i go 17s just to be safe? Plus, is it me or are the fronts different to the backs in that picture?

They will be different as the rear's are deep-dish. They look sweet though!

As Budz said. The fronts are 8 - 8.5 and the rears are 9.5. One thing to consider when buying wheels is will they clear UK brakes without using spacers. As if you ever do that to your Supra it will be a pain if your wheels won't allow you larger brakes.

18" is fine, do not go for 19" wheels as you will sacrafice the handling. That is my opinion though as there is a lot of people who love 19's. I have had 19's/18's and stock 17's. When I went from 19's to 18's the difference was noticable and by far stock 17's was the better ride for handling and ride (I had a BPU supra)

Guest Budz86
As Budz said. The fronts are 8 - 8.5 and the rears are 9.5. One thing to consider when buying wheels is will they clear UK brakes without using spacers. As if you ever do that to your Supra it will be a pain if your wheels won't allow you larger brakes.

18" is fine, do not go for 19" wheels as you will sacrafice the handling. That is my opinion though as there is a lot of people who love 19's. I have had 19's/18's and stock 17's. When I went from 19's to 18's the difference was noticable and by far stock 17's was the better ride for handling and ride (I had a BPU supra)

I agree, handling will be compromised with 19's. I'd also get the a 4 wheel laser alignment if changing size as it will improve handling and save your tyres!

UK spec brakes are great but if you want to keep the wheels without changing the brakes upgrade to Goodridge lines and a set of CW fast-road pads. Very little difference then :)