The mkiv Supra Owners Club

number plate has to go!

fruity_south

since iv bought the car iv had the number plate M400AFC and it drives me mad, everyone thinks im an arsnal fan, dont get me wrong their ok, but im not 2 keen on footy really. i want to get shot of it at some point, sooner then later, but A. not sure how to sort the paper work and B. have to find an arsnal fan. any help or any takers?

i dont know will it. i thought you could apply for a number plate which is just a normal one, none private through the dvla, but as i say i havnt a clue. thats why im asking on here. wanna sell it and go to a normal plate. if anyone did want it and had a plate which was m reg or older could i not just transfer theirs onto mine. as i say though not sure on any of it.

Remember Aberdeen Football Club as well, might widen your market a little. It does sound like you are trying to make money though not just relieve yourself of the burden of the plate, as already stated the easiest and quickest way is to get a cheap private plate that looks fairly normal and then dvla will do all the paper work etc and its so easy to do on line.

If all you are doing is trying to sell the plate then post it in the for sale section and no your car would not go onto a Q plate you would just get another year specific number.

Remember Aberdeen Football Club as well, might widen your market a little. It does sound like you are trying to make money though not just relieve yourself of the burden of the plate, as already stated the easiest and quickest way is to get a cheap private plate that looks fairly normal and then dvla will do all the paper work etc and its so easy to do on line.

If all you are doing is trying to sell the plate then post it in the for sale section and no your car would not go onto a Q plate you would just get another year specific number.

thanks for that. how many other AFC are there then, gotta be a couple more. dont get me wrong getting some money back from it would be nice. though i would be happy to trade for a private plate which would suite either me or the car. wouldnt call it a burden just its a way to get some money back, hands up to that and loose all the comment abouts arenal. ill contact dvla shortly and post this for sale on the sale section. cheers again.

It will say on the V5 if the mark is transferable or not.

I've had a look at my V5 and cant see any info about my plate , I bought the car with L 500P on it and would like to change to my own personal plate - i was planning on selling L500P but now i'm wondering if its not transferable - any other way to tell ?

Thanks .

im guessing your and my plate are transferable as i dont think the number plate company who said they would give me 400 quid for it would had offered me it if it couldnt be transferable. ill have to check when i get round to it.

chris iv sent you a pm, would be really interested in it. let us know some time.

As my nickname's Pot (You may have guessed that... lol) - A few years ago I bought J888POT as a plate (For a J-Reg Calibra) for £250 (Transfers included) (From the DVLA) - If you have a nickname or whatever that you could fit into that sort of format, how about asking the company that made the offer to get what you have now for a plate that's 'cheap', and you'd like?...

Guest flipper

If you aint got 1 of the cherished transfer certifcates and there are Special notes on the front page of V5C section 3 the plate is just a normal plate....

Is your car a 1994 import supra?...M reg...

Sounds like its just a plate.....a company may offer cash but I think they will presume its Cherished number with All the certificates present....

See images;

J88 JJM SMALL FORUM.jpg

GOLF FORUM SMALL.jpg