The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Going single....

bolarbag

When going single and buying from a trader(regardless if their on here or not) do most of you get a contract written up and agreed with said trader,obligations, payment plans or methods of payment e.t.c?

My mate a kit car and ford enthusiast seems to think thats the way to go, I had never really given it a thought before, maybe something to advise in the going single thread?

I would get a signed itemised quote listing parts to be fitted and work to be done. That way both parties are clear from the beginning what work is to be carried out and price for the job. This is what I did when I had mine done.

always get a quote on the work including a listing of the parts. Also set a budget limit, over which they should not go without talking to you first.

Make sure they are aware you expect it to be delivered to the quote.

A single install can chew through a budget very quickly. Mapping alone can be a scary bill. A good single install should be around £10k including labour and mapping on a simple ECU.

JB

that is so true.

I did mine on the cheap and got it done for about £4.5k but I pulled in a lot of favours to get it there.

I probably wont go single again, I will always replace j-spec turbos with j-spec turbos. CW has been right all along, Toyota didnt invest millions on development only for it to be ripped out and bypassed. stock turbos RULE ;) But a single is fun as well...

I started this thread from the aspect of a trader 'supplying' parts, but this information applies to both builders and suppliers I suppose

After a chat with my mate, it seems he's been dealing with a different type of trader, they supply work/parts/fab costs e.t.c, with set terms and conditions, itemised quotes and billing plans, and invoiced bills, I dont think this really applies in the Supra world unless its going to be a turnkey Single Conversion like the Envy Green car

did mine on the cheap and got it done for about £4.5k but I pulled in a lot of favours to get it there.

That must have been a lot of favours!!:D

Edited by bolarbag (see edit history)

I started this thread from the aspect of a trader 'supplying' parts, but this information applies to both builders and suppliers I suppose

After a chat with my mate, it seems he's been dealing with a different type of trader, they supply work/parts/fab costs e.t.c, with set terms and conditions, itemised quotes and billing plans, and invoiced bills, I dont think this really applies in the Supra world unless its going to be a turnkey Single Conversion like the Envy Green car

That must have been a lot of favours!!:D

Sexual?????:eyebrows: