The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Interior door handle light

Stan

Anyone ever considered doing this? Most of my mates and my gf always seem to aim for the speaker grille rather than the door handle when trying to get out the car (at night of course :p)

I was thinking of drilling a hole for a LED into the back of the door handle surround and wire it up to the main dash lights, yay or nay?

I guess on the driver side I can take a feed from the window switch, not sure if I'd have to run wires for the passenger side though?

I have done this on mine, i have placed the leds on the plastic bit behind the inside door handle so all you see is a nice glow around the handle area rather than the led. looks very cool! :)

Comes on with side lights!

So the glow shines through the gaps around the fitting?

Blue is so 20th century. Green is the new blue! :D

:D Green it is.

They all do that don't they?

Pull the handle in the night before opening the car.

no, some do have them, some dont. Doenst seem to matter if its a non-facelift or facelift car! I've added on to my passengers door. Was a PITA routing the cables!, I also have an LED in the passengers window switch ;)

The passenger door has a window switch too mate ;)

I meant a feed once the lights are on so the LED only comes on at night :p (unless I've missed that the passenger side has a light in it as well :D)

I guess I'd better start finding out a way to do it before my gf puts her fingers through my new speakers then!!

I meant a feed once the lights are on so the LED only comes on at night :p (unless I've missed that the passenger side has a light in it as well :D)

I guess I'd better start finding out a way to do it before my gf puts her fingers through my new speakers then!!

Ah right I get you now. I never realised that it didn't have a light 'till it was mentioned in this thread. Cheapskate Toyota ;)

• 1 year later...