The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Gone BPU :) Big thanks to Whifbitz...

edd_t

After 3 years of Supra ownership and a lot of money saving. I decided it was time to go BPU on the car. I took the Supe in to Whifbitz a couple of Fridays ago and picked it up during the week. So all this weekend I've been blasting around having fun and seeing what the Supe can now do.

First thing they did was a full service with top products and a cambelt change (as I had no record of this being done) I had the Whifbitz stage 4 performance pack fitted, including an Apexi Power intake, HKS SSQV and HKS Super Dragger. Also had some Defi din gauges and a Defi boosy gauge fitted to. All for a very reasonable price :thumbs:

At the moment I havnt taken the boost controller out of its 'low' settings, so when I crank it up to high 1.2 i'll probably sh!t myself woohoo!

So big thanks to Whifbitz, especially Darren as he did all the work. Cheers guys :thumbs:

BPU1.jpg

BPU2.jpg

BPU3.jpg

Its a major difference, but then my engine wasnt tip top before I gave it to them, as I found out someone had bodge some breather pipes so it wasnt working great :( but the acceleration now, especially in 3rd gear as the 2nd tubby kicks in is crazy! And like I said, I havnt even taken it up to 1.2 bar yet :blink:

After 3 years of Supra ownership and a lot of money saving. I decided it was time to go BPU on the car. I took the Supe in to Whifbitz a couple of Fridays ago and picked it up during the week. So all this weekend I've been blasting around having fun and seeing what the Supe can now do.

First thing they did was a full service with top products and a cambelt change (as I had no record of this being done) I had the Whifbitz stage 4 performance pack fitted, including an Apexi Power intake, HKS SSQV and HKS Super Dragger. Also had some Defi din gauges and a Defi boosy gauge fitted to. All for a very reasonable price :thumbs:

At the moment I havnt taken the boost controller out of its 'low' settings, so when I crank it up to high 1.2 i'll probably sh!t myself woohoo!

So big thanks to Whifbitz, especially Darren as he did all the work. Cheers guys :thumbs:

Great nice one Edd, im thinking of going BPU...well, (the rest of it anyway) how much did you pay Edd if you dont mind me asking...:D

So how are you keeping the boost down below 1.2 bar? Smaller restrictor rings and then tweaking it up with a controller?

no idea :) (thats bad I know) i just bought the kit, I have a little button that when I press it, it jumps from low to high, simple things like that make me happy.

Great nice one Edd, im thinking of going BPU...well, (the rest of it anyway) how much did you pay Edd if you dont mind me asking...:D

I think the fitting of the kit costs around £400 (found that on another thread) I had all that other work done so I cant give you an exact figure really.

Cheers everyone else for the congrats and stuff (its like I have a new baby, lol)

Took the GF for a spin in it yesterday, I'm not quite sure at what point but all I heard was "OK THATS ENOUGH" at 1000 decibels in my ear :D

Congratulations mate ... I was at Whifbitz last year for full BPU ... and this year, in may, my car was back there for single conversion ... you see what you have to do :D

As for the boost controller ... I never used it on low boost ... neither on BPU nor single :eyebrows: ... put it on high boost and floor it ... that's fun ... specially the first time you do it (and that you are not used to it)