The mkiv Supra Owners Club

anuva noob!!

Guest jonnydangerous

Don't be tempted by the paint job. Engine light issue is worrying, it only illuminates if there is a fault, engine revs much higher delimited or not, top speed limit does not stop the car revving to red line in lower gears. Walk away, much better car out there.

Well put.

Sorry about the sh1te earlier post. Delimiter does not engage the warning light at all and you're being blagged.

Can't put it in easier terms really. :)

Guest jonnydangerous

thanks for the quick replies guys!! you wouldnt believe what else i just found out about the car...i ran a hpi and its not a cat c ITS A CAT B!! shouldnt even be on the road? :( im really disapointed as i really liked the motor and it drove soo smoothly!!

Edited by jonnydangerous (see edit history)

thanks for the quick replies guys!! you wouldnt believe what else i just found out about the car...i ran a hpi and its not a cat c ITS A CAT B!! shouldnt even be on the road? :( im really disapointed as i really liked the motor and it drove soo smoothly!! o well, gunna stay well clear from it now! soo i guess im still looking ...

if its a cat b, he is a toss*er, trying to sell it to someone. If i was you i would give his contact details to the police!, immediatly before some poor unexpecting persons pays £2.5k for a potential death trap.

Edited by Aero-M (see edit history)

Categories Of Write-Off

An explanation of the categories of write-off are listed below:

Category A, A vehicle which should have been totally crushed, including all its spare parts. Category B, A vehicle from which spare parts may be salvaged, but the bodyshell should have been crushed and the car should never return to the road. Category C, An extensively damaged vehicle which the insurer has decided not to repair, but which could be repaired and returned to the road. Category D, A damaged vehicle which the insurer has decided not to repair, but which could be repaired and returned to the road. Category F A vehicle damaged by fire, which the insurer has decided not to repair. Theft These vehicles have not been recovered and ownership rests with the insurer who made the total loss payment. They are able to repossess the car as soon as it is identified, even if it has been bought innocently. Vehicles categorised as A, B or C require a VIC test before the DVLA will issue a new registration document. This will then be noted on the V5C. See http://www.dvla.gov.uk for more information on VIC testing.

as it says a b should have the shell crushed never to return to the road but may have spares salvaged

Guest jonnydangerous

yup its a confirmed cat b!! :( rang up hpi and they queried the insurance company who dealt with the write off...got a voicemail to say its a confirmed cat b...i got to ring em up tomo now? prob the best idea is to get in touch with the police and find out where he stands with the car? im assuming they can just take his car away and crush it as its not legal to be on the road!??

yup its a confirmed cat b!! :( rang up hpi and they queried the insurance company who dealt with the write off...got a voicemail to say its a confirmed cat b...i got to ring em up tomo now? prob the best idea is to get in touch with the police and find out where he stands with the car? im assuming they can just take his car away and crush it as its not legal to be on the road!??

ye pretty odd, i don't know enough to say anymore, my wife is a insurance underwritter and said " if they wrote it off as a cat b, they would have taken it away for crushing", so how they managed to put it back on the road i do not know. like i said before it is probably best just to give his details to the police, whether he is selling it knowingly as a cat b or not. It is a cat b for a reason. you said though that it had been registered and mot'd twice?

Guest jonnydangerous

yeh...im soo confused, even if it were legaly put back on the road i prob wudnt buy it neways afta the dodgy warning light issue! (does nebody have a reason for this?) well i will find out tomo, going to call hpi to speak to the person who left me a voicemail and i shall ask what the hells going on with that car, and could it be a ringer? wanna know why a cat b car has a v5 and on the road? soo i will keep ya posted when i know tomo!!

Edited by jonnydangerous (see edit history)