The mkiv Supra Owners Club

bmxboy

Just to say hello and to ask has anyone had any problems with the standard amp under the seat ? Put a new stereo in with the correct connections threw the amp and their is no sound!!!!!!!!!! There is power to the amp because the stereo will go off if I unplug the leads to the amp! Is there a fuse in the amp that goes? Do I take it out and throw it away? Anybody replaced it with something else please help! And again Hi to everyone! N/B I have a TT auto on a 93 with 45K Totally untouched (not 4 long though!);)

Welcome mate

Did you plug the stereo into the amp loom or the car loom as they are different.

Find the first socket then follow it further down and there will be another one unplug the amp plug that is in there and plug your new stereo in there this will bypass the crappy oem amp.;)

Welcome mate

Did you plug the stereo into the amp loom or the car loom as they are different.

Find the first socket then follow it further down and there will be another one unplug the amp plug that is in there and plug your new stereo in there this will bypass the crappy oem amp.;)

Thankyou I will try that! I did however by the connections to use the amp in the car , could they be different. Plus I used to have a previa(never ever let me down shame it only did 20 to the gallon!) when I replaced the stero in that I found the socket tucked down out of the way and when I connected it worked when I disconnected the power to the amp. Could this be a similar thing? Any way thanks again!

Hi I am in Loppington near wem, 10 miles north of Shrewsbury. Where abouts are you?

Im near Oswestry but there are a couple of members in shrewsbury and we get together quite often. Its good to see a new member close by so we'll all have to get a mini meet on the go soon:)

stripped the dash today to hv another look. Could not find anymore connections so I popped to SMC in Shrewsbury and guess what all wires connected correctly except the blue wire which is power to the amp. So 12 months without sounds 2 mins to sort!!!!!!!! Thanks for all the advice. When do you want a meet let me know and I will be there!" I bought the car last year about 18months now from Shrewsbury on the a49. Can't remember the guys name but there's a black supra parked there now. Thanks again!!:)

stripped the dash today to hv another look. Could not find anymore connections so I popped to SMC in Shrewsbury and guess what all wires connected correctly except the blue wire which is power to the amp. So 12 months without sounds 2 mins to sort!!!!!!!! Thanks for all the advice. When do you want a meet let me know and I will be there!" I bought the car last year about 18months now from Shrewsbury on the a49. Can't remember the guys name but there's a black supra parked there now. Thanks again!!:)

I wondered if you bought it off Steve! The silver one parked there as well is mine...lol

You have a very clean car, one of the best i have seen:thumbs:

Should see some of the guys tomorrow and see what we can set up...

J