The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi all, looking to buy my first supra soon.....

Guest blackspider82

Guest blackspider82

hi, i am starting to look at getting a supra n-a manual soon, but have a few questions.

My last car was a mk1 eunos roadster and i loved it, so an n-a will be fast enough( its all aout the handling for me.) and i dont need any crazy mods, maybe suspension wheels and exhaust and thats it. I will only be running it at the weekends really as i have a company car,

I have a budget of 2.5k and looking for a solid reliable supra, what kind of running costs will I have to consider? petrol is obviously sky high at the moment but if I run it reasonably sensibly ( hahah i know it wnt nd up like that ) then what sort of mileage do you get from a full tank and how much does it cost ie is it a large fuel tank?

also do you know if an early supra is eligable for classic car insurance?

Thanks in advance

:)

Hi there. Welcome to the club. :)

Expect about 22 to the gallon. J-spec tanks are 60 litres iirc.

It won't qualify for classic insurance.

£2.5k may see you looking for a while.

One member just sourced one from ebay for £2k. Worth a look there.

Running costs are reasonable, plenty of traders here so parts aren't a problem.

Oil services are around 4500 miles about £70 for good quality oil.

Tyres will be dependant on your driving. :D Buy good tyres.

HTH. :)

I would expect to get 300 miles on a tank, costing £75 (What's the point getting one if you're going to be light with your right foot?) My TT gets 240 if I'm being spirited, so guess an NA will be a bit better.

Tyres are £100 - £150 each and rears last me approx 8000 miles, fronts 12000

Service with 5 litres decent fully synthetic oil, currently £12 per litre, every 5000 miles or so,

Parts such as wheel bearings etc cost quite a lot (£120 for the bearing and £100 for the hub + fitting)

Guest blackspider82

thanks for that guys.

Not in a great rush to get one so I have time to look around,there is one near me which looks good a £2000 ( silver na alleged 120000 miles bodykit ss exhaust and aftermarket wheels. guy says its a trade in from shields.) but has no service history at all, in two minds wether to even go up and see it incase my heart rules my head haha,and dont have a printer at the mo to print off the usefull what to look for guide.

the more im looking and researching the more I want one now lol.

if you do hear of anything then please drop me a line I dont want to travel too far tho.

cheers

Guest blackspider82

Hi gordy Were you by any chance the guy I spoke to at the petrol station on friday? that had just bought the new 19's?Just noticed you were from my neck of the woods.