• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So who is intrested?

TIM?

Simon?

Millhouse?

I'm very intrested need to find out a little more out about getting there, i.e. across the channel, insturance, AA, hotels etc.. Has anyone been there before with a supe that can help.

Been looking here today but the guy is mainly in to bikes dont know what diffrences will be?nurburgring info

I drove back almost past the 'ring last year on my way back from my Europe trip, but I stopped off in Brussels so I'm not sure on the times. Bit longer than 4 hours I'd say. Most insurance includes cover in Europe these days, you just have to tell them when you're going. If you're in the AA, breakdown cover will cost you £34 for up to 24 days :eek: . RAC is much the same.

In theory if you are driving at night you should have headlight convertors, but I drove 3000miles and never bothered. Well actually I did buy some, but couldn't figure out where to stick them :stupid:. Also in theory in Germany + Beligium you are supposed to carry a first aid kit, warning triangle and fire extinguisher. Oh, and whatever you do DO NOT take a radar detector or anything that looks like one into France. They will literally rip your car to bits to remove it and confiscate it. Driving over there is so much better than here though.

I just bought tunnel tickets to go to Le Mans this year - they were £113 return, but they were doing a special offer at the time which has now finished. If you join the points plus scheme you get 10% off (but it costs to join).

Guest m5 killer

im in germany every week for those of you who like a bit of speed you will be there in 2hrs 35 mins, ive done it loads of times, brussels you can do in less than an hour. ps i would be up for it.

Oh, forgot to mention...been to a couple of these German Toyota club meets at the 'Ring - usually pretty well organised, plenty of cars to check out (not all done in the best possible taste, it might be said... :innocent: ) but pretty good day/weekend out. Might consider joining this meet.

Could always get the ferry from Poole Tim. It's a four hour crossing though, and a longer drive the other end too. Plus last time I went on it I had to put up with a couple of "entertainers" doing Chris DeBurgh covers on a keyboard in the bar for two hours...

TIM?

Simon?

Millhouse?

m5 killer?

paulrenn?

CJ?

Earthrokka? (pending lift)

Ok starting to look into getting prices for travel hopefully a group discount maybe forth comming, on boat or train.

Also staying in a hotel, I would think traveling thursday evening, stay over thursday night, and friday night, return saturday afternoon.

If anyone else is intrested, or has any sugestions.

P.s. earthrokka dont think my gf wants to do this trip, so may have spare seat if you want.

AWooo..

Well here is the story so far .. I will land in London on the 15th of April .. so i couldn´t join u even if I tried .. i was too quick with the dates there ..ooops :moo:

But i shall see what i can do for u boyz n´galz to get u cheaper tickets than normal which is 139 squid for a 3 day return.. :eek:

it´ll be probably around 59.. hopefully..

so yeah .. i need a big number though, may be 8 cars +

I´ll keep u informed.. the Eurotunnel is the best for the Supra.

eeezzzzyyyy now ;)