The mkiv Supra Owners Club

supra aero single

Lurch

The aero chassis wobbles around with a stock NA motor. Better with the roof on, but junk with it off. It could certainly do with some extra bracing... which is the path Im heading down. Basically, just buy it. Ive done silly things power wise to my aerotop...

I've got a BPU'd Twin Turbo Aero up for sale at the moment too, flex is noticable with the roof off, but it can be reduced by front/rear strut braces, under floor bracing etc.

I was going to do all of this to my car, but now financial issues means I've got to sell instead.

I know Nic on here sells a lot of the bracing you'd need ;)

Nic is an awesome guy to deal with... I have an order with him at the moment. Great guy.

Its not about having a single or whatever, its what torque you are putting through and in what circumstances. Obviously its not a race car, so you should be ok...

theres only a few of these about isnt there? i only know of 4 that i can name. One of them always seems to be on pistonheads. I think its black? I think its been talked about before and might even have been a cat C/D at some point. Just be carefull.

The other ones are owed by captin chaos, chunk, supra dibs and then this black one. But there may well be more... (probably is)

9K seems a bit cheap for a good aero single,?

The owner is on here somewhere, and threads about previously. He did some work to it to fix it up - looks quite good now!

I want him to sell his car so I've got less competition for mine ;) lol

Just thought I would add that the 'Black one' mentioned is my car. I have it at that price because I need it to go as I am having to store it in someone elses Garage as I have no room. It has not had any accidents and has never been a write off, I have no idea where that came from... I have all the reciepts for the work carried out and the Dyno print out showing the claimed power, anyone is welcome to come and see the car for themselves to confirm this and see it in the flesh. The car has been for sale just under 2 months now, there has been no one round to see it, I think the price is possibly putting people off.

Lurch, if it is my car you are interested in, you are quite welcome to come see it or if you email me I can send you endless hi-res photo's that I have.

Edited by Adam J (see edit history)

Would it be beneficial to buy a standard ttsupra and swap the bits over and sell the aerotop on? I dont mind doing a bit on work

Just thought I would add that the 'Black one' mentioned is my car. I have it at that price because I need it to go as I am having to store it in someone elses Garage as I have no room. It has not had any accidents and has never been a write off, I have no idea where that came from... I have all the reciepts for the work carried out and the Dyno print out showing the claimed power, anyone is welcome to come and see the car for themselves to confirm this and see it in the flesh. The car has been for sale just under 2 months now, there has been no one round to see it, I think the price is possibly putting people off.

Lurch, if it is my car you are interested in, you are quite welcome to come see it or if you email me I can send you endless hi-res photo's that I have.

If your the one that just emailed me then yeah it is your mate. I'm just worried about chassis flex to be honest.

To be honest, if you were to do that, I think it would be more viable for you to find a TT hardtop. I have not felt a significant amount of flex in the car but saying that, the weather has not been good enough to have the top off much! with it on, it feels solid. My friend had a hard top TT and I could not really feel any difference when driving enthusiastically, but I have not driven one on the track.

On another note, I have just seen this video for the first time and it is really tempting me to keep it! :eyebrows: http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Greenbeast-Supra-vs-2008_145565.htm