The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NUR Spec "Pronounciation"

Elliot

Originally posted by Elliot

I was thinking it sounds more like a concentration camp!

Is "Nur Spec" definitely short for "Nurburgring" then? Anyone know why? (out of interest!)

Blitz Nurburgring [Race or Racing] Spec exhaust is its full name.

Hence the NUR R-spec (racing).

And yes, it's definitely short for Nurburgring. The 'ring is one of the most famous race tracks in the world, what better to name a racing part?

I pronounce it NUR (well.. "ner" really).

-p

Well, the Blitz Supra held the production car lap record there for a while, so I guess they were trying to cash in on the publicity.

Everyone should know about the 'ring, or more specifically, the Nordschleife. It's one of the most famous circuits in the world. They held GPs there until it got too dangerous and they switched to the new circuit. It's 22km long, and probably the most demanding circuit ever. Most car manufacturers (pretty much all sports car manufacturers) test there, and you can drive round it yourself.

There's talk of them imposing speed limits on the ring soon by the way, so everyone that hasn't driven it (including me!) should soon :)

Get PGR2, you can unlock the nordschleife! I'm about half way through, looking forward to attacking it in an F50 (or Soop). Would be wicked to drive it for real, or get a ride in a ring taxi, especially with Sabine (i think thats her name).

Seb

Im going to go as soon as the weather gets better , with some guys on bikes , if anyone fancies they can tag along , i was gonna ask Terry S and his water pillow , he'll prob. be with his 'companion' but it would be a giggle , hell i'll even take my leathers in case i get a go on a bike !!!!!

Dude:flame Dev

Originally posted by dude

Im going to go as soon as the weather gets better , with some guys on bikes , if anyone fancies they can tag along , i was gonna ask Terry S and his water pillow , he'll prob. be with his 'companion' but it would be a giggle , hell i'll even take my leathers in case i get a go on a bike !!!!!

Dude:flame Dev

Keep me posted on this dude, if/when you go...... :thumbs: