The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Made a new induction filter shield

johnd-mkiv

Got a little bored at work opened up the bonnet to the supra for things to make when I desided to have a go at making a shield for the induction kit an hour later come up with this :)

Im thinking of using a hole saw and drilling a hole beneith the induction kit making up some ducting to the front bumper for a ram air type design, would this be worth while mod??

next project is an oil breather system :)

Nice work :thumbs:

If you dont have anything where a SMIC would sit you can cut into that area and duct upto the filter. You can even go as far as moving the filter down into that area.

I was thinking of moving it down there but it worried me a bit when it rains, dont want it getting soaked. I'll make a fair size hole then an some nice ducting to it :)

I was thinking of moving it down there but it worried me a bit when it rains, dont want it getting soaked. I'll make a fair size hole then an some nice ducting to it :)

I think MikeB has done this already, it was deff someone from Marham.

Nice, but it doesn't look like it encloses the filter much? still open at the back and beneath?

I was mainly trying to stop the flow from the fan and some of the engine heat reaching it from the side, not really looking for a full enclosure as I would have made a complete custom box, thought I would bolt it to the wing to stop it flapping about and gave it some clearance from the induction pipe to stop it vibrating

Got a little bored at work opened up the bonnet to the supra for things to make when I desided to have a go at making a shield for the induction kit an hour later come up with this :)

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j249/suprajd/Suprapics245.jpg

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j249/suprajd/Suprapics243.jpg

Im thinking of using a hole saw and drilling a hole beneith the induction kit making up some ducting to the front bumper for a ram air type design, would this be worth while mod??

next project is an oil breather system :)

Ooh that looks very nice, just wondering though, have you drilled a hole into the intake pipe or have you drilled a hole into the body so

that the bottom of the shield is stable as i can't see where it's connected in the pic...

Excellent work though, wish i could do that at work! :-(

the best sheild i ever saw on a supra was one that used the bonnet as part of the shield, so when the bonnet was lifted you could see the filter and the shields surrond. looked brilliant and finished in a mirror style lining with rubber across the top for a snug fit against the bonnet...

Not sure whos car it was but it was at the TF bbq. did it himself too i believe

the best sheild i ever saw on a supra was one that used the bonnet as part of the shield, so when the bonnet was lifted you could see the filter and the shields surrond. looked brilliant and finished in a mirror style lining with rubber across the top for a snug fit against the bonnet...

Not sure whos car it was but it was at the TF bbq. did it himself too i believe

MVP do one like that...

Ooh that looks very nice, just wondering though, have you drilled a hole into the intake pipe or have you drilled a hole into the body so

that the bottom of the shield is stable as i can't see where it's connected in the pic...

Excellent work though, wish i could do that at work! :-(

theres two holes on the chassie leg which I picked up on and one just below the wing, I just made a little bracket up to fix that together.

Due to the range in turbo and induction kits most of these would have to be hand made to the car, the easy way of doing it is make a cardboard template shape that untill your happy then transfer onto ally

theres two holes on the chassie leg which I picked up on and one just below the wing, I just made a little bracket up to fix that together.

Due to the range in turbo and induction kits most of these would have to be hand made to the car, the easy way of doing it is make a cardboard template shape that untill your happy then transfer onto ally

Well, well done matey, looks great! :D