The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fog conversion - is this the correct diagram?

Guest CoolsBlue

Guest CoolsBlue

Hi all, found a thread on this forum that shows you how to do the rear fog conversion with lots of pictures and steps, in the thread this diagram was supplied, but the person was also talking about the original thor diagram (which was incorrect)

Now i find it easier to follow this diagram, than the pics they took, can someone confirm that this is the correct diagram i should be using, and i wont end up with 4 fog lights?:D

Really dont like the universal halfords fog units that hang of the rear bumper.

cheers, Kev

007.jpg

Guest CoolsBlue

Thanks Mike, did you make that thread, done all that yourself? very easy to follow once i read it over a few times, also i missed 1 post that ive just seen, spent half hour trying to think it over on my own:D thanks

Guest CoolsBlue
Ahhhh, so thats what all those relays are in the back of my car! I thought it was fog light related, but this helps. Although there's 3 sets on each light!

3 relays on each lights? omg seriously check that out homer,

also seeming as youve got a project supra, ill just tell you this quickly...for the headlights there is a relay tucked away in the slam panel for for each one, on both sides, so when you put power to the car and test your lights, if any dont work and you cant figure it out, check the conections on the relays, my front fogs were gone and i couldnt figure out why, my dad found them, and told me that the relays can get dirty connections over a period of time

take a breath:d

Guest CoolsBlue

Ahhh yes, used some old wire to check it all over before i went for the real thing, wired up and seems ok, now i just have to wait on my resistors and get some 8amp wire tomrrow

3 relays on each lights? omg seriously check that out homer

Do you honestly think I'm not going to check them? :D

It's one of the more curious wiring oddities with the car so will probably rip the lot out and get it back to stock.

Here's a pic of one side :D

rear light wierdness.jpg

Guest CoolsBlue

ive got my fog switch wired up, and fused, and it has a 3amp fuse in it, would that be ok or do i need a higher amp to let more power thorugh to the lights?

Guest CoolsBlue

OH YEA :nana: i did it i did it, also for anyone doing this conversion, maplins have a super fast potage servie by royal mail, i ordered 4 resistors at around 4-5pm yesterday and got them this morning in the post! 1st serious bit of electrics ive done on the car, or everrrrr and it works:D