PDA

View Full Version : European Drift Champsion R5 - Silverstone 7th September

AlexM
20-08-08, 23:16
I can't miss this, really enjoyed it earlier this year.

Will anyone else be attending?

http://www.europeandriftchampionship.eu/edc%20round%205.html

SteveR
25-08-08, 18:44
I hadn't realised they came back to s/stone mate - I have other plans for that weekend though I'm afraid. Will certainly sort out something for JTS next year assuming it's the same format. :)

turbonut
25-08-08, 19:46
I normally go to this but I'll be at Donington for the WSBKs this year :yahoo:

Trax always a good day though, well worth the trip :)

daz
25-08-08, 19:51
i be there at traxs always good day out shame we don t have club stand there ;

P 17EED
25-08-08, 19:51
I went to the British Drift Championships in wales this weekend, its the first one i went to and was very disapointed. Arent they suppossed to go round the whole track? They went round about 2 bends turned around and went back.
Is that normal?:(

turbonut
25-08-08, 19:58
I went to the British Drift Championships in wales this weekend, its the first one i went to and was very disapointed. Arent they suppossed to go round the whole track? They went round about 2 bends turned around and went back.
Is that normal?:(

yep, two bends is normal but it takes a lot of control and skill. If you go and watch some of the drift demos at shows, such as at Pod they thrash around a circuit, til the tyres wear down to the metal wires, sparking and ultimately go pop :yahoo: If you get to Japshow finale at the pod on 4/5 October you'll see it first hand

P 17EED
25-08-08, 20:00
yep, two bends is normal but it takes a lot of control and skill. If you go and watch some of the drift demos at shows, such as at Pod they thrash around a circuit, til the tyres wear down to the metal wires, sparking and ultimately go pop :yahoo: If you get to Japshow finale at the pod on 4/5 October you'll see it first hand

Thats what i was expecting to see. Dont get me wrong i can understand that there is a lot of control and skill just not what i expected. Thought it would be more like when they was at jap fest!!

SteveR
25-08-08, 20:14
i be there at traxs always good day out shame we don t have club stand there ;
Feel free to organise one ;)

daz
25-08-08, 20:19
Feel free to organise one ;)

it bit late sort out now . next year y not ;)

SteveR
25-08-08, 20:23
it bit late sort out now . next year y not ;)
If I'm going I'll organise something, but I can't be at everything so if you (or anyone else for that matter) wanted to sort out a 'club stand' please feel free to go ahead and I'll help out/advise if needed. :)

AlexM
25-08-08, 23:22
Thats what i was expecting to see. Dont get me wrong i can understand that there is a lot of control and skill just not what i expected. Thought it would be more like when they was at jap fest!!

Personally I love the 1v1 competition around the two corners, it's brilliant. The 'lets throw it around a corner willy nilly' approach just does nothing for me - though I'm sure my opinion will be slightly different when I have a go. :d

I'd hate to have to score the drifting if it was around the whole track.. :blink: