The mkiv Supra Owners Club

European Drift Champsion R5 - Silverstone 7th September

AlexM

I went to the British Drift Championships in wales this weekend, its the first one i went to and was very disapointed. Arent they suppossed to go round the whole track? They went round about 2 bends turned around and went back.

Is that normal?:(

I went to the British Drift Championships in wales this weekend, its the first one i went to and was very disapointed. Arent they suppossed to go round the whole track? They went round about 2 bends turned around and went back.

Is that normal?:(

yep, two bends is normal but it takes a lot of control and skill. If you go and watch some of the drift demos at shows, such as at Pod they thrash around a circuit, til the tyres wear down to the metal wires, sparking and ultimately go pop :yahoo: If you get to Japshow finale at the pod on 4/5 October you'll see it first hand

yep, two bends is normal but it takes a lot of control and skill. If you go and watch some of the drift demos at shows, such as at Pod they thrash around a circuit, til the tyres wear down to the metal wires, sparking and ultimately go pop :yahoo: If you get to Japshow finale at the pod on 4/5 October you'll see it first hand

Thats what i was expecting to see. Dont get me wrong i can understand that there is a lot of control and skill just not what i expected. Thought it would be more like when they was at jap fest!!

it bit late sort out now . next year y not ;)

If I'm going I'll organise something, but I can't be at everything so if you (or anyone else for that matter) wanted to sort out a 'club stand' please feel free to go ahead and I'll help out/advise if needed. :)

Thats what i was expecting to see. Dont get me wrong i can understand that there is a lot of control and skill just not what i expected. Thought it would be more like when they was at jap fest!!

Personally I love the 1v1 competition around the two corners, it's brilliant. The 'lets throw it around a corner willy nilly' approach just does nothing for me - though I'm sure my opinion will be slightly different when I have a go. :D

I'd hate to have to score the drifting if it was around the whole track.. :blink: