The mkiv Supra Owners Club

J80sup

gt-åkare

some of you know that I am looking for a supra tt...

Today a recieved this mail...I recognize the plate number but the rest looks lika a fake;)

Thank you for contacting me about the 2006 Toyota Supra, 72,000 miles, registration number : J80 SUP.

About the car : The car is in perfect conditions, no flaws or dents, no scratches or any kind of damage, no engine problems. The interior is in like new condition and has never been smoked in. The car is still UK registered so you will not have to pay any custom taxes .

The problem is that I had to move with my family in Portugal where I got a new job transfer. I brought the car here with me with the intention of driving it but when I found out about the very high import/custom taxes and all the restrictions regarding registration and emissions tests here I've changed my mind and I've decided to sell the vehicle. I want to sell it in UK because is still registered there.

As I'm unable to travel in the near future and I don't have anyone back home to help me with the sale I decided to make this transaction through eBay. So how this actually works? Simple: the buyer sends the payment to eBay and they hold the money until the car is delivered; I ship the car to UK; I get my money only after the buyer receives the car and makes sure everything is as agreed. I believe this protects both buyer and seller and it's the right way to do this.

The final price is £xxxxx including shipping and delivery to your home address.

That's a well known scam tactic. "I've moved to {insert random country} and have brought the car here with me. Trouble is I can't register it because of {insert reason here}..."

And Ebay don't do any sort of escrow system that the seller describes.

Steer well clear and don't even bother to reply.

On second thoughts, how about this one:

You reply telling the seller that your shipping agent will collect the car. In the meantime, here's a cheque for the amount plus the shipping fees. Would the seller kindly pay the shipping fees directly to the agent when he comes to collect the car. :D

Next mail :)

Hi again ,

I closed my auction on eBay earlier because someone has offered me the buy it now price, but didn't have all the money available and I cannot accept financing because time is a real issue for me. As I said in my first email the car is currently located in Portugal and it will be shipped from here to your place. Usually shipment takes maximum 7 days depending on your location.

HPI CLEAR : The car shows all clear on the hpi report as having no outstanding finance ,has never been an insurance write off or stolen.

DOCUMENTS : The delivery agent will take care of all the papers. V5 LOGBOOK, 2x keys, service book & bookpack are provided. Everything will be sent along with the car.

The final price you will have to pay is £5,000. The payment will be done through eBay. They will act as a third party in this transaction. You will send the money to eBay and as soon as the payment is confirmed they will notify me to proceed with the shipping. I will ship the car, you will receive it and will have 5 days for inspection, both the car and the paperwork. During all this time eBay will hold the money. If you are satisfied with the car and decide to keep it you inform eBay about this and they will release the money to me. If the car is not as advertised and decide not to keep it eBay will refund you the money, no questions asked, and shipping back the car will be my concern. I think this is more than fair for the both of us.

Please take into consideration that I will get paid only after you receive the car and make sure everything is as agreed.

If you agree with these terms and you have the money, send me your full name and the address where you want the car to be delivered and I will initiate the transaction with eBay. You will receive all the transaction details from them.

I will appreciate an answer as soon as possible. Also, feel free to ask me any question you may have.

Thank you,

Daniel

On 8/20/08, kristofer Ahlström wrote:

Hello Daniel!

Please send me the ebay link

Regards Kristofer

Next mail :)

Hi again ,

I closed my auction on eBay earlier because someone has offered me the buy it now price, but didn't have all the money available and I cannot accept financing because time is a real issue for me. As I said in my first email the car is currently located in Portugal and it will be shipped from here to your place. Usually shipment takes maximum 7 days depending on your location.

HPI CLEAR : The car shows all clear on the hpi report as having no outstanding finance ,has never been an insurance write off or stolen.

DOCUMENTS : The delivery agent will take care of all the papers. V5 LOGBOOK, 2x keys, service book & bookpack are provided. Everything will be sent along with the car.

The final price you will have to pay is £5,000. The payment will be done through eBay. They will act as a third party in this transaction. You will send the money to eBay and as soon as the payment is confirmed they will notify me to proceed with the shipping. I will ship the car, you will receive it and will have 5 days for inspection, both the car and the paperwork. During all this time eBay will hold the money. If you are satisfied with the car and decide to keep it you inform eBay about this and they will release the money to me. If the car is not as advertised and decide not to keep it eBay will refund you the money, no questions asked, and shipping back the car will be my concern. I think this is more than fair for the both of us.

Please take into consideration that I will get paid only after you receive the car and make sure everything is as agreed.

If you agree with these terms and you have the money, send me your full name and the address where you want the car to be delivered and I will initiate the transaction with eBay. You will receive all the transaction details from them.

I will appreciate an answer as soon as possible. Also, feel free to ask me any question you may have.

Thank you,

Daniel

On 8/20/08, kristofer Ahlström wrote:

Hello Daniel!

Please send me the ebay link

Regards Kristofer

Dear Daniel-san

Feck off with your scamming self :)

Yours sincerely.

Not A. Mug