The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Another new day another new problem

bobapple

Hello again gents another strange one today involving dash lights, now done a search but cant seem to find a straight up answer, basically set off home from work this eve, got on the motorway and a warning light came on?!?!?. Its the one shaped like an engine to the right of your steering wheel its amber in colour. It came on for a bit then went off?!!?!.:rolleyes:.

So my question is my supra going to blow up. :blink:. What does the symbol mean its a 93 jspec TT. Hope someone can help.

Thanks a Bunch

Bob.

Hello again gents another strange one today involving dash lights, now done a search but cant seem to find a straight up answer, basically set off home from work this eve, got on the motorway and a warning light came on?!?!?. Its the one shaped like an engine to the right of your steering wheel its amber in colour. It came on for a bit then went off?!!?!.:rolleyes:.

So my question is my supra going to blow up. :blink:. What does the symbol mean its a 93 jspec TT. Hope someone can help.

Thanks a Bunch

Bob.

Hi I may be wrong as I am fairly new to supra ownership, but it might be worth checking your O2 sensors as well.

Cheers for the replys guys, I will deffo check the error codes, can you tell me though is it a light on the dash that will flash or on the ECU. Sorry for the silly question never really done anything with my ECU yet.

Yeah I thought if the red oil can came I'd be crying hard...

Yes I also need stem seals doing and turbo seals but really cant afford the 4K it will cost to put right. Hopefully soon though.

Edited by bobapple (see edit history)

Don't mean to sound obvious but if your engine's overheating it could trigger eng warning light? Have you checked your coolant levels too? If it returns to low even after topping up you may have a leak, check your pipes and rad for leaks.......:search:

Hope you get it sorted and its nothing serious

L