The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Outdor supra car cover?

JamieP

Guest sunnyG83
http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=157057

i got this one in extra large covers all my wheels:)

Cant help but think that this is not a good link for you Jazz1 :D

Had mine from Cover-zone.co.uk, supra specific and fitted over my Do-Luck kit, £80 if i remember right, was elasticated front and back, and had two straps underneath to hold it down

Is this the breatheable type matey :)

i too have a coverzone one its really good i use a home made clip at the front to keep it under the front spoiler, we have had some really strong winds and rain lately and it copes very well, tried one from ebay and one from halfords and they were not very good at all.

just a word of caution i used to have covers for scooters in my youth and found the scooter would have to be spotlessly clean otherwise putting the cover on would pick up any grit and cause scratchs and also if you left it on for a long time no matter how tight it was the wind would cause the cover to flap in places and again the slightest spec of grit would act like sand paper and leave you with a nice matt section of paint work :(, unless the cars going to be stored clean i think they cause more problems than they solve

Is this the breatheable type matey :)

yes mate, fully breatheable, if you go on cover-zone.co.uk there are 4 types they do mine is the indoor/outdoor one, has quite a good write up

Edit: Also as paul mac says, the car needs to be spotless. i hoovered out my cover and washed and waxed the car before putting the cover on, any grit will get trapped under and may cause scratches

Edited by SupraD06
added text (see edit history)

Guest sunnyG83
just a word of caution i used to have covers for scooters in my youth and found the scooter would have to be spotlessly clean otherwise putting the cover on would pick up any grit and cause scratchs and also if you left it on for a long time no matter how tight it was the wind would cause the cover to flap in places and again the slightest spec of grit would act like sand paper and leave you with a nice matt section of paint work :(, unless the cars going to be stored clean i think they cause more problems than they solve

yes mate, fully breatheable, if you go on cover-zone.co.uk there are 4 types they do mine is the indoor/outdoor one, has quite a good write up

Edit: Also as paul mac says, the car needs to be spotless. i hoovered out my cover and washed and waxed the car before putting the cover on, any grit will get trapped under and may cause scratches

Good info lads :)

Anyone used this company? is the cover any good?

Regards Jamie:)

http://www.coveryourcar.co.uk/store/product.php?productid=16358

Yes i bought my cover from them it fits good except they made a c*ck up at the front and it doesn't fit properly. Its about 7inches short no matter how many times i pull it down it just goes back up f*cking annoying Dont buy it.

Yeah i'd go with this, i had mine covered about 9 months, lots of flapping in the wind and helpfully took all the paint off the back edge of the spoiler. Will never use one again.