The mkiv Supra Owners Club

n/a bpu??

fizzle

When I first saw the thread title i thought 'another load of b0ll0cks' but you have a very valid point there.

No, you were right the first time round. BPU is a phrase coined by some guy in the USA to sell a kit for upgrading a TT Supra. The kit came about because of the huge gains achieveable for relatively small outlay, which just isn't the case with an n/a.

i wasnt trying to start an arguement, was just asking, i dont tell people i drive a bpu just thought it could of been a general term! fair enough if its a trademarked kit/proceedure...

but surely you can see the point i was making its not just picking random letters or words...

but surely you can see the point i was making its not just picking random letters or words...

Nope - I can't to be honest. You're only decatting the car at the end of the day, not boosting performance by any great amount. By your reasoning BPU could consist of just a catback exhaust on an TT because the gains are about the same as doing what you suggest on an N/A. It's much harder, and a lot less basic, to get an N/A to make any significant power. You'll at least have to change the manifold etc.