The mkiv Supra Owners Club

UK Spec bonnet vent on an SZ-R

UltraFlynn

Not sure how much this helps you out Flynn, but the lowest point of the underside of the scoop is 2.5" from the bonnet and about 2" from the fireproof material. You might be able to find out how much clearance you have from the intake to the underside of the bonnet :)

Cheers Kev. I know that the bonnet scoop is probably not needed on an NA engine but I've always wanted one so will probably be getting one fitted before I even set eyes on the car.

I really need to find someone whose done this before to confirm that everything fits in place. (As I don't have a car to measure against any more)

Cheers Kev. I know that the bonnet scoop is probably not needed on an NA engine but I've always wanted one so will probably be getting one fitted before I even set eyes on the car.

I really need to find someone whose done this before to confirm that everything fits in place. (As I don't have a car to measure against any more)

Let me know if I can be of anymore help :)

The vent itself fits on the car no problems at all, however ther is one part which will need modifying. The metal ducting that fixes to the underside of the bonnet will not clear the NA's inlet manifold so will need trimming to fit.

That's what I needed to know. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, I'm new to this site and this is my first message!!

Ive been looking through and seen a thread that you left regarding being able to get hold of the supra bonnet scoop. Ive recently bouight a facelift twin turbo from japan and really want to fit the scoop on it.

If you can still get hold of them could you send me a price.

Cheers mate, ::D

[email protected]

That's what I needed to know. Thanks.

If i were you i would go for Just the top part and forget the ducting under the bonnet(no probs then with strut braces) as it would be pointless on an n/a and really a wast of money on parts you dont need.Also You will have less to cut out of your bonnet. I did my own look in my garage at the facelift Supe. Good luck!

My only concern with doing that is that the underside of the scoop will look unfinished and non-standard when you open the bonnet. I'd want everything to look like it left the factory that way.

To be honest if I have to cut the ducting about to make it fit I probably wont fit it. I really need to find a car at JAE which has had this done and take a look.

It will never look like it left the factory that way on an n/a as they were never fitted on them...obviously from a distance above it would look fine(TT Look).

U could keep the sound proofing in tact so it would look fine..you might see the tip of the bolts at the worst.