The mkiv Supra Owners Club

windows trim fitting, help please.

hi, i have just receied my new window trim this morning (Thanks Nic) and tried to fit it. No matter what I do/how hard I push it toward to the roof, the trim just won't fit without a big gap. if I push very hard to minimum the gap, the fitting holes wont line up. I'm not sure whats going on with it. Anyone replaced their window trim can offer some help/tips? thanks in advance :)

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/7272/94210150ex9.jpg

From memory I think it looks about right (I can't go have a look because my car is at a garage :().......

If the screws went in OK then it's probably right. It might be because the car is white that the gap looks too big. You could always put on some OEM wind deflectors, then you won't notice.

Guest CoolsBlue

Mine are like that to, toyota wouldnt of left supra a gap there, and its got moss inside mine, with a visible black clip, i rekon mine used to have wind deflectors, when mine goes for a respray, if the gap cannot be helped, ill just have to have the gap filled and smoothed..

my car comes with both window trim like that (2nd pic, big gap both side) but the front lower part meet the car body perfect tho -- you can see it from the 2nd pic, lower than the red arrow part fits perfect

Mine are like that to, toyota wouldnt of left supra a gap there, and its got moss inside mine, with a visible black clip, i rekon mine used to have wind deflectors, when mine goes for a respray, if the gap cannot be helped, ill just have to have the gap filled and smoothed..

my driver side got moss at the gap as well, really disgusting as it's easily spotted on a white car

From memory I think it looks about right (I can't go have a look because my car is at a garage :().......

If the screws went in OK then it's probably right. It might be because the car is white that the gap looks too big. You could always put on some OEM wind deflectors, then you won't notice.

didnt know there's an oem wind deflectors available, will check it out later see if it helps hide the gap, thanks for the info :)

Edited by 8800 (see edit history)

Guest CoolsBlue
my car comes with both window trim like that (2nd pic, big gap both side) but the front lower part meet the car body perfect tho -- you can see it from the 2nd pic, lower than the red arrow part fits perfect

my driver side got moss at the gap as well, really disgusting as it's easily spotted on a white car

didnt know there's an oem wind deflectors available, will check it out later see if it helps hide the gap, thanks for the info :)

Actually, why didnt i think of that?!?!?! ill just get a set of oem wind deflectors:D:Pling:

As already said, there is suppose to be a gap to help channel water. If you want a price for the Toyota wind deflectors let me know.

Guest CoolsBlue
As already said, there is suppose to be a gap to help channel water. If you want a price for the Toyota wind deflectors let me know.

ME ME ME ME, pm me a price please so i can add it to the list of rubber seals i need to buy of you soon:)

Its a drainage channel, and when you take it off you will find that there is an internal drain tube that must be fitted correctly, you will some see, make sure the tube is not blocked;)

when I took off the trim I didnt see any tube thing inside the trim? any change you got a pic of the drainage channel/tubing? :)

yes please, pm me a price as well :D btw, do you have a close up pic of how the deflector is fitted?

when I took off the trim I didnt see any tube thing inside the trim? any change you got a pic of the drainage channel/tubing? :)

yes please, pm me a price as well :D btw, do you have a close up pic of how the deflector is fitted?

Its part of the window trim, not separate, it goes down inside the soft rubber part.

both of the window trims I got dont have the drainage channel/tubing thing, the inside ( back of the rubber, with 2 metal clips) only have some black seals. I'll try to minimum the gap, if not success I may get the wind deflector :(

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/1900/dsc00644sh3.jpg

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/4431/dsc00648vj2.jpg