The mkiv Supra Owners Club

petrol cap relocation help

Guest blueangel

Guest blueangel

Hi guys

Im going to relocate my filler cap on the supe, but after taking the tank off last night im wondering how to do it.

The problem as i see it is the neck of the tank is hard plastic and there is also some extra pipework on the neck which looks like a breather.

So how do i lengthen the neck and what do i do about the other pipe.

All help is much appreiciated guys and gals.

ric

Sorry, but I've got to ask why you'd want to do that.

Unless you're having a trick fuel-cell setup, what on earth would be the point?

If you _are_ having a trick fuel-cell, you should be having it done by a professional who knows what they are doing, otherwise you'll be the next "OMG a club member has died" thread.

Sorry, but I've got to ask why you'd want to do that.

Unless you're having a trick fuel-cell setup, what on earth would be the point?

If you _are_ having a trick fuel-cell, you should be having it done by a professional who knows what they are doing, otherwise you'll be the next "OMG a club member has died" thread.

:yeahthat:

Guest blueangel

Lol i doubt that very much guys but thanks for the concern[sAD][/sAD]Other members on here have relocated the filler i dont know their names but the guy with the big dragon on the side springs to mind.

Im trying to tidy the side of the car up and the filler cap is ugly so it needs to be gone.

Just need a few idea's on how to do it lol.

ric

Its barely noticeable!!Get your car detailed instead - then people will be too dazzled by the overall condition of the car to notice there is a petrol cap on the rear arch!!

I honestly couldnt think of positioning the petrol filler in any different postion - how about the door sill on the B-Pillar?A pipe through the arch and then attached to the door sill - only fillable when the D.Side door is opened, feck having that setup in a side impact though;)

The only place I can imagine fitting one where it would be an improvement would be behind the rear number plate, hinged and the filler cap behind that

Much simpler idea - although the rear crash bar may need fudgering, I must admit I do like the idea of a flawless arch sup:innocent:

I'd actually considered doing this the other day. Car was in the bodyshop geting a dent removed and sprayed, Thought of getting the arch smoothed off. Chap said he would weld a plate then fill. But i could not think of where to put the filler cap or be bothered with the hastle....:blink:

Where you putting your filler blueangel ??? :D

Thats not so bad. You can prob keep all the fitments you have now, Breathers etc, Then just extend the pipe a bit further up.

I'd have to say, Your making the arch nice and smooth and good looking, But you will be risking ruining that lovely flow the supra has over the top of the arch. I'm sure it will look good, Will be different too...

The Supra has sleek lines and the filler cap follows those lines with a colour coded flap with has a remote opener in the car, I cant see what is ugly about it, the expense and potential risk of moving it anywhere other than a fuel cell seems strange, but its your car so you do what you like I suppose :D

It's a bizarre one for sure, I really can't see the "ugly" any more than the gap around the bonnet, wings, doors, rear hatch etc... it's not as if it jumps out at you.

http://www.megaboost.co.uk/supra/mine/detailing-world-meet-31-05-08/P1110806.JPG

Is it really that bad?