PDA

View Full Version : MPH Show Featuring Top Gear Live

DaveSupTT
13-08-08, 10:05
Hopefully put this in the right section, Mods feel free to Move it if necessary.
This is not just a Midlands event, but I couldn't find like a general events folder, so everyone read! :)

MPH SHOW Featuring Top Gear Live 13-16 Nov 08 NEC Birmingham

MPH The Prestige & Performance Motor Show
This year MPH has lined up an even more stunning array of super cars for you to drool over, sit in and get up close and personal with: Koenigsegg, Spyker, Lotus, Pagani, Lamborghini, Ferrari, Bentley, Rolls Royce, Mercedes McLaren, Porsche, Mercedes and Aston Martin to name but a few.

Top Gear Live
With an estimated waiting list of 21 years (and growing) to Top Gear the TV show, why not skip the queue and experience the assault on your senses at Top Gear Live!
Top Gear Live ‘The Ultimate Performance Arena’ offers Top Gear fans the opportunity to get up close to everyone’s favourite TV presenters; Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond & James May.
Best seats are allocated on a first-come first-served basis and performances will sell out.

NEC, Birmingham - Performance and Opening Times

Opening Times - Performance Times
Thurs 13 Nov 5pm - 10pm 7.30pm
Fri 14 Nov 12noon - 9pm 3pm, 6.30pm
Sat 15 Nov 9.30am - 9pm 11am, 1.30pm, 4pm, 6.30pm
Sun 16 Nov 9.30am - 7.30pm 11am, 2pm, 5pm

Prices

Platinum Ticket 105
What you get:

Excellent seat at Top Gear Live
Access to MPH Prestige & Performance Motor Show
Paddock Tour where you will see all the behind-the-scenes activity
Access to the VIP Enclosure
Two course meal and four complimentary drinks (Beer, Wine & Soft Drinks)
Refreshments served all day (Pastries, Cakes, Tea & Coffee)
The Big Book of Top Gear 2009 (Hardback) worth 12.99
Official Show Guide worth 12

Gold Ticket 56 includes:

Good seat at Top Gear Live
Paddock Tour where you will see all the behind-the-scenes activity
Access to the Sunday Times Enclosure
Two complimentary drinks

Silver Ticket 38 includes:

A seat at Top Gear Live

VIP Hospitality

Options are also available for groups of 6 or more, priced from 235+VAT per person. Call Charlotte Aldiss at Clarion Events on 020 7370 8399 for further information or to make a reservation.

For more info see the website:
http://www.mphshow.co.uk/

So is anyone interested in this.
I was thinking going down on the Saturday - unsure if it will be in the Supe as its off the road at the moment, but if there are a few of us, then maybe we could get a convoy going :)

If your going, purchase your own tickets through the website above, and they will send the tickets out to you.

I have added a poll as well, which is a multi option. If you can state what day your going, and what price package as well.
There is also an option to say if you have been before and to say if it was good or not ;)

DaveSupTT
13-08-08, 13:51
No one interested in this?

Here are some pics from when some of you guys went in 2006
http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=87247

SteveR
13-08-08, 15:03
I've been before, probably won't bother again unless I can get some cheapo tickets as I did a few years ago - they used to heavily discount the 'pratice' Thursday night, but no longer it seems.

jock
13-08-08, 20:03
Me and a mate are going to this on the saturday
would be good to go in convoy :)

R Black
13-08-08, 21:54
Been before, it was not bad, would'nt rush back unless cheap also.

DaveSupTT
15-08-08, 11:07
Now added to Calendar
http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=670&day=2008-11-13

Babe
06-09-08, 18:03
May go, gonna cost a bit for me and Sprog tho!

Is there a kids' price ticket, or are they banned like from the TV show?

DaveSupTT
07-09-08, 15:05
Im not to sure about kids etc. It may dsay on the website if you check out the link :)
Me and my mate are now booked in for the 6pm show on the saturday! Went for Gold tickets in the end!!

Budz86
07-09-08, 15:18
I would go to this but I'm in Thailand...assuming things settle down over there!

imi
07-09-08, 15:41
Whats the Earls Court one like? Have people been to that one before?

Babe
08-09-08, 20:41
Bum... only Gold tickets left are times I can't go! That's us out!

If you want silver tickets, use code M099, might get you a discount if there's any tickets left!.

TNT
09-09-08, 20:24
I've been last 2 years, kids can definately go. Last year we needed an extra ticket last minute but were told it was sold out. Although it doesn't get you in the show itself if you buy a ticket to the Classic car show which is through in an adjacent lobby you can walk through into the MPH car display area. Glad we did it as the Veyron wasn't in the MPH display it was on the Buggatti stand in the classic show. Also some good US muscle on show in the classic area.

Havard
09-09-08, 20:46
Already booked in......;)

TNT
09-09-08, 20:59
We are going on the 16th, Wife's birthday treat, how lucky is she?
If I see someone bald and proud I'll say hi, I'm also bald but more like hounded!:)