The mkiv Supra Owners Club

South East Meet: Sunday 8th February

Supragal

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's a little bit further, but if you'd like a venue that's a bit better than the carparks then just off the m4 at Swindon is a country park called lydiard. It has ample parking (some semi paved and lots of flat grass) and if I recall no speed bumps. It also has a visitors center that servers semi decent coffee, and is not too far from a few pubs.

sorry supragal not meaning to hijack ya post. I'll definlty be coming along wherever we go :)

I went to Bracknell New Years Eve. In the morning when me and my bro picked up his car we saw a new Astra up on bricks. Wheels gone:(...Harsh suprise for someone New Years day.

Count me in Supragal ;)

1. Supragal

2. Rob_B

3. leett

4. Trig

5. #1 Adam

Edited to add time (2pm)

Paul- no worries on the hijack- like I say it's the only hoooge car park I know of. Not sure about a country park at this time of year? Grass and big BHP RWD cars?!

I have no idea how busy it'll be on a Sunday which is why I'm gonna check it out this weekend (If I'm alive) if not theres always the mway services are suggested??

*edited to add* Wasn't planning on abandoing the cars there...but bring locking wheel nuts anyway ;)

Originally posted by Supragal

Edited to add time (2pm)

Paul- no worries on the hijack- like I say it's the only hoooge car park I know of. Not sure about a country park at this time of year? Grass and big BHP RWD cars?!

I have no idea how busy it'll be on a Sunday which is why I'm gonna check it out this weekend (If I'm alive) if not theres always the mway services are suggested??

*edited to add* Wasn't planning on abandoing the cars there...but bring locking wheel nuts anyway ;)

We should have no probs at all getting places on a sun so save a trip SG, but if people can suggest anywhere else at all, it'll be better than The Point!

(have you worked out yet how much I hate the place - well Bracknell in general really, used to live there for 2 years!) ;)

Last time I went to the cinema at the point there was nowhere to park, thats why I wanna check it out- BUT it was just before xmas and the premier of LOTR3 so a bit of a exception...

It's the only place with a huuuuuuuge car park that I know of.

If sensing you don't like Bracknell much Neil? :p

;)

As I said - lived there for 2 years - its a shit hole and the Point is notorious!! We'd have to stay with the cars then move on elsewhere!!! But also having lived there I've been down a fair few suns, we won't have a prob, theres always room down near Safeway if the worst comes to the worst!

Theres also a meet in Maidstone on the same day.

Taken from japukmeets

8th feb 1 o'clock onwards

directions as follows, leave the M20 at J7 follow signs for maidstone ,200yards after leaving motorway you, will come up to another big roundabout, turn left then after 20 yards or so turn left "sign posted notcuts garden center" go up the slope, at the top on your right, there is the "Henrys Table Pub"

Big car park good food etc plus big big model shop in the garden center.

I'm in ... sounds good :p . Fleet services would be a good place I reckon? Loads of space in the 'truck' area round back where we met for the S'ton meet. Plus you've got food etc etc on the doorstep! And it's easy to find :innocent:

1. Supragal

2. Rob_B

3. leett

4. Trig

5. #1 Adam

6. HISUPE

7. paul_y3k

8. Oxygene

9. JamesArup

Cheers, J :cool:

Originally posted by Supragal

I reckon you could be right james....

Others who are listed- are you up for that?! Save dragging Neil kicking and screaming to Bracknell?

Enough about my caveman fetish! ;) :D

Hell yeah - fleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet :D

wooooooohooooooooo! :D

Saved! :D

:moo: :baa: