The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I learnt the hard way.

marc_p

Well it is with great regret that I have decided to sell the Supra and get an MR2.

The reason for this is that I have learnt that you cannot have a Supra as an everyday car, so I have decided that I will get an MR2 for a few months until I have finished the civic and then I will get another Supra when it can be a nice weekend car, I would keep it, but I haven't got the room for 3 cars. I have a few freinds who have MR2's as daily drivers and they love them so decided on one of them.

So anyone got an MR2 that they want to swap for a Supra.

My supra was my expensive daily driver last year! 15k.... I've got an MR2 now, purely as i'm not earning as much now to adford the Supra, and space on the drive. I got an MR2 in brill condition with only 53k on the clock uk spec 1993 L reg and love it. :) Miss my Supra but I enjoy driving the mr2 just as much :)

Why not just buy a dog car for your daily driver and keep the Supra. It'll probably cost you more in the long run to buy another Supra.

Because i'll be getting a TT.

yea, get yourselft the stock trims in red, wouldnt hurt to get a stock spoiler either:D stock front bumper and you can keep it

Stock spoiler is already back on and i'm putting a stock front back on it.

Yes you can use it as an everyday car. Bolt lots of flappy kits and fancy wheels to them an things are different. Can't you just remove your flappy kit and wheels back to stock?

It's not that though, In the last 2 months i've had it running about 2 weeks in total as things have been going wrong with it and as soon as everything was running smoothly with it, this morning the clutch decided it would give up so that's probably another week without it, i'm lucky I can get lifts into work most days.

Thought you had a civic as a daily?

I did but it's being resprayed, toned down and having a turbo lump added.

My supra was my expensive daily driver last year! 15k.... I've got an MR2 now, purely as i'm not earning as much now to adford the Supra, and space on the drive. I got an MR2 in brill condition with only 53k on the clock uk spec 1993 L reg and love it. :) Miss my Supra but I enjoy driving the mr2 just as much :)

Yup, everyone who has an MR2 as a daily never seems to complain.

Hello I am new but....

Hanging just purchased a supra, i was surpised actually how economical they can be when you drive normally

I have a van for work, and a saab 900 turbo as a weekend car

and the mpg is less on the saab (22) than the supe (28) when driving normally.

Well it is with great regret that I have decided to sell the Supra and get an MR2.

The reason for this is that I have learnt that you cannot have a Supra as an everyday car, so I have decided that I will get an MR2 for a few months until I have finished the civic and then I will get another Supra when it can be a nice weekend car, I would keep it, but I haven't got the room for 3 cars. I have a few freinds who have MR2's as daily drivers and they love them so decided on one of them.

So anyone got an MR2 that they want to swap for a Supra.

Why's that Marc??

I use my Supe as an everyday car (unfortunetely)

I'd agree with people that you can use the Supra as an everyday car. Yes I don't use it as a commute, but I use it for everything else and have done for the past 5+ years. As long as you keep it all mechanically sound and don't have as some say 'stupid flappy bits' which refrain you from getting into car parks or praying over speedbumps (yeah my front splitter has suffered) it's all ok. I owned a J-Spec NA for 4 years with a few mods and now running a UK single as my sole vehicle. Apart from my lower pulley disintegrating the other month I've never had a blip.

Yes running costs have risen due to the fuel price rises etc, but it's something we're all suffering with.