The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New JPS at Rotorstock

GazB

Do those Accufab type Clamps actually work? I've heard so many reports regarding

I take it you mean the wiggins clamp on the throttle body? If so yes they definitely work. ;)

Pricey though, I should imagine that one they've got on there would have cost well into the £100 mark.

Yeah I knew they were some other company, I'm sure wiggins brought them out first, Accufab have improved upon the idea with quick release clamps

I heard they leak as the Weld Ferrules can deform slightly when welding to the Alu pipe, they have to be sat side by side to make sure they contract flat - mess it up first time its time to start again

Almost like a V-Band clamp but as there is no heat to make the join your more susceptable to leaks

Their pretty popular in the U.S on forced induction cars, but quite a few have went back to the rubber couplers and Mikalor Clamps through bad experiences

Edited by bolarbag (see edit history)

Never had any problems with them at all, they are aircraft certified and used on F1 and similar things. The wear parts (the O rings) can be replaced in seconds. Brilliant things, if the budget permits. Don't get carried away with hard pipes though, all engines on compliant mounts need a surprising amount of movement in the hoses that attach them to chassis mounted ancillaries. Race cars don't normally have any compliance in engine mounts, so they can use fairly rigid piping set ups.

im going Mid 7's. The thing is, the car has been built by Webster Race Engineering and they build 8000bhp dragsters and the like, so theyre experts in getting power onto the track. So that, mixed with the rather impressive engine (1400-1500bhp) is going to make one seriously competitive car

Here's a video of it running agains the fastest Supra in Europe. Didn't do too well.....

AkXGdc3o3ag

surely a car like this is going to need a lot of development before it becomes a mature design, you would not expect to make a car like this and run 7 seconds on its first run out of the box, it might be next year before it really gets in the groove