The mkiv Supra Owners Club

DAT International - Inter Forum Meet - September - Glasgow

DAT Inter

***Please note this has been cleared by tDR***

Hi there everyone. For those who dont know me or didnt get to read my last post before it got deleted my name is Fraser Gordon and i have just launched a new online community called DAT International which just now is primarily UK based for the moment and is a completely free multi marque fourm.

DAT International was started by myself, Fraser Gordon, along with Iain Carmichael. We aim to bring together the best examples of automotive tuning from around the world to one place where we can all share our passion and our hobby together. DAT stands for Distinct Automotive Tuning, as that is our aim, to find the best and most distinct automobiles out there.

From a tuned Toyota Supra or Honda Civic, to a Porsche Gt3 or Dodge Charger, all are welcome here. We hope to be able to bring together all the different areas of the online communities to one place, where we can learn from one another and share our experiences together.

I am trying to organise our first ever meet which is to be hosted in Central Scotland, Glasgow. The meet will be held on Thursday the 4th September, 7.30pm at Xscape Glasgow.

The meeting is to be held in conjunction with:

HondaTech

SXOC

Driftworks

UK MKIVS.net

Toyota Owners Club

MkIV Supra Forum (you guys)

SkylineOwners.com

Scottish Volkswagen Audi Group

MLR (TBC)

Ferrari Owners Club (TBC)

PorschaOwners, i did invite but apparently they are too good for all that...

I would love it if some members of this forum could come along and join us there and support our first meet.

Our site is located here:

DAT International

If the admins from here would like us to host a section on our forum for here we would love to run a banner etc for you guys. Just let me know on that one and i can add you to the Japanese marque section.

Please note i do not run this forum to make money, so far quite the opposite. The forum is completely free.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Kind regards,

Fraser Gordon

DAT International

I may hop along, with or without the sup - never know it may be finished, but then pigs may fly:rolleyes: - is this just a cruise site, i.e. no agenda or business?

What differentiates this from Strathycruise and the like? I'm all for new local knowledge and such but not being awkward, just can't be ar$$d with another "Where can I buy 15Bhp induction kits for my 1.2Corsa" site;)

Who is DAT and what do they do? Styling/Tuning?

Hi there. I started DAT up with the aim of it hopefully becoming an international forum. Im not wanting to sound like a posh twat but we do not want 1.2 corsa etc on there. The aim with the site is to bring together the best of the online community has to offer and try to bring the different forums that are online closer together so as we can see more multi marque meets with not just Japanese cars, but European cars and American cars alike.

It is not a "cruise" site. We aim to publish an online magazine, product reviews, technical theory and fittng guides for all makes of car. I also have a few meeting arranged with Porsche UK, and Audi UK as well so as to create a manufacturer section where they can post news, event and new models etc.

Edited by DAT Inter
Edited for not being a cruise site. (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
so some one whos dumped 5k into a civic is welcome but a corsa or astra vxr is out

you expect Ferrari Owners Club to post along with Driftworks,UK MKIVS.net, Toyota Owners Club, and Scottish Volkswagen Audi Group so a suped up lupos will be ok

good luck

Lol, those were my sentiments, but then its an excuse for a meet, heres hoping some decent cars turn up

From a tuned Toyota Supra or Honda Civic

Their not in the same league

I know they aint in the same league, i think everyone knows that, Im just trying to get together different parts of the community and find the best examples out there.

Everyone is welcome to the meet, i never said corsas or the like were out, im just trying hopefuly to keep it ned/chav free with just people who are into their cars , no matter what they are to join in.

That sound fair enough?

Big thanks are due to those of Supra owners club that turned up for this. Your support is much appreciated and contributed towards a brilliant night.

In all we had 100+ cars there and only one or two chav charriots.

We hope to see you guys at one of our next meets or events. Have pics to follow.

Fraser