The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What a job that was!

Jazzy

Been having a few occasions where the car would cut out for no apparent reason. At the last SRR day Ryan traced it to a dodgy ECU pin, so after working his magic all seemed well.

More recently it's been happening again, so armed with Ian C's very helpful guide on how to 'refurbish electrical connectors', http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=35917, I went on a journey into the depths of my passenger footwell.

Not a fun job I can tell you, especially in the odd postions you need to get into - my left is now completely numb (good oppurtunity for a 'stranger' for those that have seen gone in 60 secs ;)). But after 8 hrs of been cramped up I can say that's one job I never hope to do again.

I've taken the car for a drive and all seems well, much self back patting ensued. I guess only time will tell!

Now to get it back on the rollers to finish off the mapping. Ryan reckons there's still a bit to come - so watch this space :D

It's not a nice position is it :D I think I would've removed the passenger seat and sat on the floor. Might have been quicker and easier in the long run :)

I contemplated doing that but decided against it in the end. Ah what a marvellous thing hindsight is! :rolleyes:

It's not a nice position is it :D I think I would've removed the passenger seat and sat on the floor. Might have been quicker and easier in the long run :)

I contemplated doing that but decided against it in the end. Ah what a marvellous thing hindsight is! :rolleyes: