The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Autocar MKIV Review online

michael

Originally posted by Supragal

So they like it then?! :D

"Despite its rather charmless aesthetics, the cabin is well designed, offering a comfortable driving position for all but the exceptionally tall."

Whats exceptionally tall? Ian seems to manage!!

I read it and thought of that as well!

I guess us tall people have a different point of view (pardon the pun) when it comes to comfortable ergonomics. Cars is a good example:

Short person: The seat offers enough adjustability to allow me to set the correct height, and the wheel adjusts for rake and reach so I'm not straining. Very comfortable, and a nice airy cabin.

Average person: Good room in the cabin, comfy seats, and all the adjustable stuff is handy too so you can get the perfect position for long distance drives.

Tall person: Fuck me, my head isn't pressed against the roof. Sold.

(As a bonus I can turn the wheel without my left hand hitting my leg providing I wedge the gearstick into my calf muscle.)

-Ian

Originally posted by Ian C

Don't talk to me about sex in cars. It's something other people can do. It'd be like trying to get king kong to use a pogo stick* in a wardrobe.

-Ian

*the legitimate use. Not some other use.

you think that's bad!

wait til you've tried it..... albeit unsuccessfully, in a two seater :flame Dev

Don't talk to me about sex in cars. It's something other people can do. It'd be like trying to get king kong to use a pogo stick* in a wardrobe.

-Ian

*the legitimate use. Not some other use.

lol.. I can imagine that being pretty difficult, legitimate usage or otherwise :D

Rob.

(As a bonus I can turn the wheel without my left hand hitting my leg providing I wedge the gearstick into my calf muscle.)

-Ian

How tall are you Ian?

Im 6'3 and found I had a lot of room in all the supe's i've test driven too, although theres much more room in my mini than a supe!

2 metres. 6'7" in old money. I've got headroom, a lot of my height is in my legs though, cavemen would pay a fortune for my femurs.

A scale piccy for you all:

http://www.ian.chisholm.clara.net/pix/me1.jpg

Sexy, huh?

-Ian

jesus Ian - did you have to remove the back seats n extend the rails ? :innocent:

Interesting they mentioned an 80 litre fuel tank.

I went away last week and discovered that I'd forgotten my credit cards (muppet) so I had to complete the journey without refueling. Made it home OK but at the pumps I only managed to get in 64 litres implying the tank is just 70 litres not 80 as I've seen in test reports (and my owner's manual).

Is the Jap tank smaller than the UK one? Or are the reports wrong? Or does my fuel guage need calibrating?

Smaller injectors but more torque, interesting.

What about MPG? I regularly get 27-28 MPG and the type of fuel doesn't seem to make any difference. I think I like my small injectors. :D

The article also mentions trouser dimensions! I never have any trouble finding trousers that go all the way down to my shoes :confused:

Nope, never had it dyno'd. It feels like 280PS or there abouts as she's completely stock. (Apart from the CD player)

My girlfriend doesn't think it's that fast but it's fast enough for public roads. My 28MPG was on motorway as is most of my driving. On the return journey I was driving pretty sedately to conserve fuel as I'd realised by then my credit cards were in my other jacket.

Ok. My stock UK6TT (apart from exhaust pipe with cats still in) knocking out 306 at hp and 294ft/lbs of torque at hubs. (wish I knew true flywheel figures here).

Also had it dyno'd completely stock on a rolling road at 265rwhp, which is 323bhp and 315ft/lbs