21 members have voted

1. 1. Are Kuhmo Escta tyres any good..?

• Yes
    • No
    • They're ok, but....

Guest Terry S
Originally posted by oxygene

well as i said the fulken has been excellent

i think ive done about 15k miles on em.....

The ones I had were GRB's. Yours may be different.

Put the steering off and felt unsafe? Don't want to sound patronising but are you sure they were the correct size and were fitted properly?

Been using them since they came out and before that I had SO2's (had the Supe over 3 years), can't fault them really. I've had the car off the clock many times and at no point did it feel anything other than rock solid, the grip is superb. I was persuaded to try a set of Dunlops on the rear and wished I hadn't, back felt horrible in comparision

Supplied, fitted, balance, all the 80110x by micheldever tyres on the M27...

Used em before for Avon ZZ1's (calibra V6) and they did a great job so went back again for the SO3's.

Car just didnt feel right....kept em till they were ready for replacement which as I said was 4500 miles at which point i said i would never get anymore...

In all honesty Toyota aren't best to comment on tyres and neither are most tyre places. They never seem to really know what they are talking about/selling and I've shamed a fair few tyre places I've been too by knowing more than them!

I got a set of F1's (consistently come out top of surveys) and they were less than 400 quid for stock 17s.

At that price I wouldn't touch budget makes like Falken or Kumho, its simply not worth it.

Quite simply, F1's or Toyo Proxes T1-S/S03's are 3 of the top tyres out there, anything else is false economy.

Guyz who was at the front of the convoy...? well for most of the way anywayz....?

Well that doesn't say much does it - straight line. Most tyres will cope in a straight line!!! :p Plus we wanna keep our licence :p ;) Its about the grip offered in the wet and dry on roundabouts and corners etc, not just mway cruising mate!

Fair dooz okeez...I meant I wasnt going slow and when it comes to round about I slow down, but I dont crawl round em..

I hear what you are saying about the F1's and I do listen to what you guys advise. Maybe next time I will try something different.

For the moment I just need tyres firstly to get me through the MOT and secondly they have done me great so far.