PDA

View Full Version : MOT is due



Green Peace
13-01-04, 09:17
I gotta stick me car through an MOT...I have one decat, Blitz Nur with baffle removed.

It passed last year, but the only real change (mod wise from last time ) is the Blitz Nur with baffle removed.

So will it pass without the baffle, I don't think its that loud on idle.

Or does anyone know a good MOT station in the London area?

Cheers

Nick@TC
13-01-04, 10:32
The only silencer i have on my car is the turbo, and that passes the MOT so you should be ok with a quiet Nur Spec ;) :D

Green Peace
13-01-04, 11:00
cool I might chance it then
:cool:

Supragal
13-01-04, 11:20
Green, I'd be more worried about your paintwork, you KNOW what the MOT boys will be doing when they see your car ;)

Faye
13-01-04, 12:06
Originally posted by Green Supra
I gotta stick me car through an MOT...I have one decat, Blitz Nur with baffle removed.

It passed last year, but the only real change (mod wise from last time ) is the Blitz Nur with baffle removed.

So will it pass without the baffle, I don't think its that loud on idle.

Or does anyone know a good MOT station in the London area?

Cheers

I take it you don't have the baffle anymore? If don't mind lending you mine for the MOT if you're that worried.

Whitesupraboy2
13-01-04, 12:14
has anyone ever had their supra fail?? mine coming up soon and it first time im having to put it through the MOt.

When i say fail i dont mean wind screen wiper blades or exhaust too loud or bold tyres obviously

Green Peace
13-01-04, 12:24
Originally posted by Faye
I take it you don't have the baffle anymore? If don't mind lending you mine for the MOT if you're that worried.

I think its in the shed Faye but thanks for the offer just need to get everything out and root round for it, just wondered if it was essential coz it aint really that loud...maybe I'm going deaf lol,

does it just screw back in or summit, scuse my ignorence...

it got away with one Cat also last time but havin the Blitz Nur shouldn't make a difference to the emissions or will it. I'm so blonde sometimes.
:D

Green Peace
13-01-04, 12:30
Originally posted by whitesupraboy2
has anyone ever had their supra fail?? mine coming up soon and it first time im having to put it through the MOt.

When i say fail i dont mean wind screen wiper blades or exhaust too loud or bold tyres obviously

If its fairly stock, and no decats, it should pass surely, the biggest worry is emissions I thinkand I think if its pre 97 you should get away with a lot more, coz cars 97 on have tougher emission tests...I think (read somethink about it in Which mag) but someone who knows what they are talking about should be along shortly (as BradB would say)
:innocent:

Green Peace
13-01-04, 12:33
Originally posted by Supragal
Green, I'd be more worried about your paintwork, you KNOW what the MOT boys will be doing when they see your car ;)

As long as they mop up the mess afterwards lol....it can't be good for the paintwork though I'm sure.
:D

Faye
13-01-04, 12:37
Originally posted by Green Supra


does it just screw back in or summit, scuse my ignorence...


:D

Yep, its a bolt type thing. All you should need is a 10mm spanner ( if you've still got the bolty thing that is) :D

SMW
13-01-04, 16:27
Green

I have a NUR spec with the baffle removed and it went through the MOT no problem.
Mine has no cats either so would probably be louder than yours.

I can't see you having a problem but if you're worried you could always take the baffle with you, like Faye just bolts back in using 10mm spanner.

Whitesupraboy2
13-01-04, 16:38
Originally posted by Green Supra
If its fairly stock, and no decats, it should pass surely, the biggest worry is emissions I thinkand I think if its pre 97 you should get away with a lot more, coz cars 97 on have tougher emission tests...I think (read somethink about it in Which mag) but someone who knows what they are talking about should be along shortly (as BradB would say)
:innocent:

completely standard at moment, both cats. NA and year 1996 so i would hope if too pass first time!

Dragonball
13-01-04, 17:54
Originally posted by Green Supra


Or does anyone know a good MOT station in the London area?

Cheers

Si - speak to Mark KIndell - Aylesbury:thumbs:

Faye
13-01-04, 17:55
Originally posted by whitesupraboy2
completely standard at moment, both cats. NA and year 1996 so i would hope if too pass first time!

But if you put the Nur Spec on it and have the baffle out you might have trouble with the noise side of things on your NA.

Nick@TC
13-01-04, 17:59
AFAIK there are no real noise reg's for the MOT,as long as the exhaust isnt leaking and hasnt been modified from its original design (wether its a performance or stock exhaust) it should pass.

Faye
13-01-04, 18:10
Originally posted by NWS25
AFAIK there are no real noise reg's for the MOT,as long as the exhaust isnt leaking and hasnt been modified from its original design (wether its a performance or stock exhaust) it should pass.

Thats good to know, long time till my MOT. By then the government will be charging me to breathe so I won't worry about passing the MOT