The mkiv Supra Owners Club

ARC Induction Kit on TT

Scott

Firstly i have to say thanks to Nic for sourcing this for me.

Next, OMG what a bloody job this was. I have a front mount intercooler so it just doesn't fit in there with the hardpipe kit. I had to bend bits and jimmy bits all over the place. In the end i had to take out the under headlight air induction thing and re-locate my HID ballast.

Got there in the end as you can see from the pics. There aint any way i can secure it down but i can assure you, this thing aint budging.

So glad to be rid of the HKS filter.

PS Nic, if you want the pics in higher res i can email them to you. Not a great camera but about 4x bigger if need be.

Arc1.jpg

Arc2.jpg

Arc3.jpg

Arc4.jpg

Arc5.jpg

Arc6.jpg

A Bit Tight.jpg

yeh theres one frm the bottom and the side.. so you should be okay.. looks like its gonna be big enough to enclose it all in when the hood is down. HKS mushrooms are supposed to be crap so yeh :D.. this is and issue im debating at the moment. do i fit a apexi airfilter and custom build a heat sheild or just leave the standard box in..

yeh theres one frm the bottom and the side.. so you should be okay.. looks like its gonna be big enough to enclose it all in when the hood is down. HKS mushrooms are supposed to be crap so yeh :D.. this is and issue im debating at the moment. do i fit a apexi airfilter and custom build a heat sheild or just leave the standard box in..

I would go with either custom heatsheild, or leave the stock box in.

I went with the arc purely for looks lol. If i was going down the Apexi route i woudl want a custom surround at least. Every little helps and all that.

• 1 month later...
hows the Arc performing any gains or good noises?

Don't really know about any gains as i wouldn't really expect to feel them. I got it mostly for asthetics while having a heat sheild to help against heat soak.

Car still aint running properly so can't really comment at the mo. I really like the kit though.

• 1 month later...
Scotster if you still have'nt fitted your ARC box in the correct positon then i can help you with this one.I fitted a ARC box to my Supra TT a while back.

Let me know

Hi buddy, i got it in there on the day. It was a nightmare of a job though. Would be a piece of cake if i had the stock intercooler pipes.

I know what you mean.When i bought my car it had a HKS hardpipe kit + HKS filter fitted,so i never had the stock intercooler hose to begin with.

The way i got round it was to fit custom size silicone hoses + 45 degree universal intecooler pipe which just about went round the ARC box and into the inner wing.But as you say it was a nightmare to do!!

Did you sort your turbo's out after + do you find the ARC box any better then the HKS filter you had fitted???

I know what you mean.When i bought my car it had a HKS hardpipe kit + HKS filter fitted,so i never had the stock intercooler hose to begin with.

The way i got round it was to fit custom size silicone hoses + 45 degree universal intecooler pipe which just about went round the ARC box and into the inner wing.But as you say it was a nightmare to do!!

Did you sort your turbo's out after + do you find the ARC box any better then the HKS filter you had fitted???

Got one of the turbo's sorted out, was just a faulty wastegate. Busy with the house at the moment so not had a chance to strip the lot down and don't have the funds to pay anyone else to do it so its still on the to-do list lol.

I much prefer the Arc filter to the HKS one purely for filtration and looks. Not driven the car hard to notice any performance gains, i doubt there would be much anyway.

How are you finding it? Very clean looking engine bay, nice job :)

Can't say i have noticed any power gains since fitting it,although i agree it does look much better than the HKS filter i had previously fitted.

I have also read somewhere that the ARC induction box is pretty much the best option for the MKIV Supra. (hence the price probably!!)

All the best mate