The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rolling Road/Dyno Day

Geo

Ok guys,

Im Trying to set up a rolling road day as its been ages since we last had one and even then it fell through due to the road being Gubbed.

The guy who has the road, built it himself so its top of the range, iv been to one of his days with the Integra Club along With IanW.

It was a cracking day out, i didnt manage to get my car on, as it had a small oil leak coming from the the oil return to my turbo, all fixed now, hence i wana sort something out for a day out.

The road is Located down in Kilmarnock, which is easy access to the M77 for a little blast down.

The Cost:

The Intergra Boys got charge £20 for 2 runs, so it might be a little more for us??

Manuals are prefered for the day. Auto's can only go on if you have the line lock function to lock into 3rd/4th gear.

It will probably be on a Sat morning.

Just wanted to get this going to see who would be interested as it really nice weather these days, and its been ages since we all got together for a blast.

Let me know who is interested.

1 - Geo

Iv spoken with Henry and the Price will be £20 for 2 runs, as TDR has said we'll now make this Manual only now, but would be good if other cars turned up as its a nice little cruise down there.

Come on Who up for it??

Geo

If you can guarentee you can lock your down with out kick down, then you can go on.

Geo

They need to guarantee they can do them cos that's a BS statement for a RR to make - the cars are all the same, they all have manu mode with overdrive off. That's the parameters they need to work with...

They need to guarantee they can do them cos that's a BS statement for a RR to make - the cars are all the same, they all have manu mode with overdrive off. That's the parameters they need to work with...

I can guarantee that he will not dyno an auto unless it can be locked into a single gear.

Whether this can be done in manu mode or not, I don't know....I was under the impression that even in manu mode with the o/d off they would still kick down.

Manuals only for this one imo.

Whether they still kick down when in manu and with o/d off depends on the setup of their rolling road - how much load they put on the engine and how aggressively etc...

They can be done - many have been done down south, it just seems the RR operators in Scotland are incapable of doing them.

They can be done - many have been done down south, it just seems the RR operators in Scotland are incapable of doing them.

No comment on that one I'm afraid. I'd go with Manuals only for this one...perhaps Geo will double check or someone can confirm on the day for any future events.

£20 for two runs is excellent value imo.

Whether they still kick down when in manu and with o/d off depends on the setup of their rolling road - how much load they put on the engine and how aggressively etc...

wont disagree with you on that one mate

• 3 weeks later...