The mkiv Supra Owners Club

refurbing jap spec headlights

Paul372

Guest Budz86

Careful when doing this mate, I managed to melt mine! But got the glass one's from Steve Manley and they were only £280 delivered. Look brilliant now and make a real difference! If you can afford new ones, they are the way forward! :D

It's pretty easy.

I used 2500 grit paper to take the top of the plastic off the outside, then t-cut and plastic polish to restore it to a perfectly flat finish. Due to the ridges on the inside, only some deep cutting with t-cut then some polish brought them up like new. The key is to getting ALL the residue from the t-cut and polish out of the inside of the lense before re-assembling (otherwise they will yellow quickly).

Good chance to paint the inside covers black too :D

Guest Nizam
It's pretty easy.

I used 2500 grit paper to take the top of the plastic off the outside, then t-cut and plastic polish to restore it to a perfectly flat finish. Due to the ridges on the inside, only some deep cutting with t-cut then some polish brought them up like new. The key is to getting ALL the residue from the t-cut and polish out of the inside of the lense before re-assembling (otherwise they will yellow quickly).

Good chance to paint the inside covers black too :D

yep will do mine too paint black inside cover. :D