The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA Cat issues

JNk10

I have a 1995 so i need a cat. (its an NA). WOuld mot be ok with 1 cat and removing the second cat ? I mean, how would they know ?

I may just go the whole hog and remove them both and find a friendly mot man.

Anyone know the best cheapest place for decat pipes for na's ?

I had my 1st decat when it was MOT time and was told it would pass easy if it was double decatted its that clean, but you have to remember every engine is different - some cleaner some not

Edit: Hollowed out my 1st decat and got my 2nd decat from 2fast2cool on ebay

I have a dyno next month too, was debating doing decat before then RR after to post up results on here and my site, to show the difference. 2 cats, 1 cat and no cats. Im quite interested to see what its like.

Surely it cant get any louder haha

I have a dyno next month too, was debating doing decat before then RR after to post up results on here and my site, to show the difference. 2 cats, 1 cat and no cats. Im quite interested to see what its like.

Surely it cant get any louder haha

Mine is pretty quiet on idle because I have an exhaust that uses a stock TT silencer box to quieten things down. On WOT the sound is awesome, just need some tunnels now.

I had mine dyno'd in Feb and can't wait to see what difference there is too even if it is 5hp.

Edited by Dazzi (see edit history)