The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Active front spoiler- locking down

Soaruss

• 2 years later...

Bump on this thread. Took my fuse out over the weekend and I now have the red warning triangle in the middle of the dash all the time..!!

Is there any way of keeping the spoiler down? I may end up removing the whole assembly and just keeping the lip as it looks great. How can I get the red light off (without removing the bulb obviously)..!!

H.

Bump on this thread. Took my fuse out over the weekend and I now have the red warning triangle in the middle of the dash all the time..!!

Is there any way of keeping the spoiler down? I may end up removing the whole assembly and just keeping the lip as it looks great. How can I get the red light off (without removing the bulb obviously)..!!

H.

Remember 'Garfy' controllers....?

If you fit a manual controller you bypass the stock ECU so you can raise or lower your spoiler whenever you want without the red light

Im well aware as i had one of the originals and have looked at your revised one also but the thing is the minute you pull the fuse or take out the loom plug it will bring the warning light on the same way the bulb failure light comes on when you pop a bulb.

Should do as I would imagine it's the ECU that's logging the fault.

If you're tighter than a gnat's chuff (so don't want to spend money) try unplugging the spoiler ECU dehind the dash (under the stereo, on top of the ABS ECU) then unplug the spoiler at the bumper. The motor live & earth are the top two wires (the thicker ones) in the grey plug. If you connect these to live/ground it should operate the spoiler. You might have to reverse them to get the motor to go the right way if you don't get it first time round.

The only problem with this (if it does work - Im just guessing) is that you're at the mercy of kerbs and speedbumps!

You're not supposed to pull the fuse.....

Both my N/A's had active spoiler looms - the only thing they didn't have was the motor and ECU. When checking, the spoiler fuse was already fitted.

I've fitted and removed several spoilers now with no red triangle so not sure what you're doing to get a warning lamp on the dash.

I would leave the fuse in though!

Edited by straightsix (see edit history)

or if you want to be super tight disconnect the motor thats behind the bumper on the drivers side ,then cut and cross the the signal wire and earth (cant remember which wires though), tricked the ecu to thinking it still there even tho i have removed the mechanical bits,

i get no warnings or error codes and didnt have to touch a fuse or ecu

Ok. I am really confused now. I am going to put the fuse back and go back to sq1. Are we saying that if I disconnected the motor and tied the wires together I wouldn't get the red warning light?

Martin, how do you fancy earning a few quid?

H.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...